hey everyone,
im in need of a new bass, my squier isnt cutting it. theres an ibanez sr 900 at my local guitar center for under 300 bucks. ive always been attracted to the pj combo, but ive only seen it it online. the site says its a 94 and its made in japan. does anyone have any info on these? are they any good? id like to save up for a warwick rockbass fortress, but thats not possable right now, so i was wondering if this was similar or not.

thanks
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Yes, they are fantastic basses. $300 sounds like a fantastic deal too, provided there's nothing functionally wrong with it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
i do not believe there is anything wrong with it. i will be using it in a metalcore band and for my indie rock/alt rock recordings that i do through my acoustic b 200
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by primusclaypool1
i do not believe there is anything wrong with it. i will be using it in a metalcore band and for my indie rock/alt rock recordings that i do through my acoustic b 200

It should do great in both genre's. Ibanez basses are extremely versatile. Try it out first of course though, the wafer-thin SR necks don't always sit right with some people
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
well, my friend has an ibanez sr 500 and i really liked it. ive always liked ibanez. i have owned an ibanez s series guitar for a while and really liked the neck on that too.
Quote by BobDetroit
SR series are awesome. I really recommend to buy it
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
I have the SR700. Even if the SR900 is only half as good as the SR700, buy it!!!
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
Quote by BassRookie
I have the SR700. Even if the SR900 is only half as good as the SR700, buy it!!!

I SR900 is a higher end model meaning it should be better. The only thing is the price. Something seems fishy to me if it is only $300.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by mrmystic
I SR900 is a higher end model meaning it should be better. The only thing is the price. Something seems fishy to me if it is only $300.

ive researched these, and they are going for about the same price on places like ebay and music go round
Quote by BobDetroit
really? made in Japan Ibanezes are the sheeeeeet. the 900 is neck thru isnt it?
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!