I want to buy an STI from 1996 to 1999 so bad, but they are evidently rare in the USA, and are mostly right hand drives.
I need a small list of cars like the STI for other options... like a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (also hard to find). Something AWD, turbo, preferably sedan, but doesn't have to be. something that you could see in the WRC Please help.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Buy an Audi RS2. Rare, but they are insanely nice cars. It would destroy the STI.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by guylee
what do you mean by right hand drives?

As in steering wheel on the right. Japanese and English cars generally are all right hand drive. Their exports are not, however.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by guylee
what do you mean by right hand drives?

steering wheel and pedals on the right side, like in Japan, or Europe.
I'm from the USA... where we drive on the other side of the road.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by Rogue Hermit
As in steering wheel on the right. Japanese and English cars generally are all right hand drive. Their exports are not, however.

Oh ok that's what I thought.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Buy an Audi RS2. Rare, but they are insanely nice cars. It would destroy the STI.

and how much would a used one of these cost me?
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
They are not even close to rare dude. The Mistubishi Evo is just about the only thing around the same price that is similar in purpose to it. It is also not anywhere near rare.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
They are not even close to rare dude. The Mistubishi Evo is just about the only thing around the same price that is similar in purpose to it. It is also not anywhere near rare.

well, they're pretty damn rare around south-eastern Ohio.
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by Kynyster_K
and how much would a used one of these cost me?

http://www.autoguide.com/used-cars/Audi/RS2/used-Audi-RS2-cars.html

Probably higher than you're willing to spend. I didn't realize it was so high...

But here's more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS2_Avant

EDIT: Also, I would recommend an Audi over a similar Subaru. Audis are very efficient for their weight, and tend to run well.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at May 25, 2010,
Quote by Rogue Hermit

Probably higher than you're willing to spend. I didn't realize it was so high...

It's an RS series audi dude. Those are just beyond ridiculously expensive. At that kind of price, might as well get a BMW M.

Quote by Rogue Hermit

EDIT: Also, I would recommend an Audi over a similar Subaru. Audis are very efficient for their weight, and tend to run well.

Honestly, I wouldn't. The impreza STI is simply one of the best cars around. The audi is built like a tank, but even it isn't as rock solid as the impreza. Little known fact, The jaws of life are incapable of cutting through the Impreza's frame unless its cut at a certain point.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at May 25, 2010,
Quote by Rogue Hermit

But here's more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS2_Avant

oh damn that's alot of cash bro lol.
Those are insanely nice cars though.
Also, I've never heard of 5 cylinders in anything but a Fiat, that's interesting.
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
It's an RS series audi dude. Those are just beyond ridiculously expensive. At that kind of price, might as well get a BMW M.

I had just thought the age would have knocked the price down a fair amount. Guess not.

And I'm not a huge BMW fan. They are nice, sure, but they are not very efficient engines mileage-wise. And they do not have all wheel drive.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Quote by Kynyster_K
oh damn that's alot of cash bro lol.
Those are insanely nice cars though.
Also, I've never heard of 5 cylinders in anything but a Fiat, that's interesting.

VW, landrover, hummer, volvo, mercedes, acura, and gm also use them.
Quote by GoodnightHero
Yeah they're not rare at all... That's a little too specific, but look at the lexus is300

damn are you people who are saying this serious? i've never seen an STI in person in my entire life. I've seen alot of cars around here... Dodge Vipers, old Challengers, even a Lambo Diablo at a car show... but I've never saw an Impreza STI. that's messed up.
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
VW, landrover, hummer, volvo, mercedes, acura, and gm also use them.

*also heard of hummer usin em. lol
damn i just don't pay that much attention to cars if I'm not interested in them.
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
TS neither the STI or the Evo are rare, you can find them everywhere. I have an Evo so does one of my friends and another has an STI. There are also a good number of people right around here who also have one or the other.
Quote by Kynyster_K
damn are you people who are saying this serious? i've never seen an STI in person in my entire life. I've seen alot of cars around here... Dodge Vipers, old Challengers, even a Lambo Diablo at a car show... but I've never saw an Impreza STI. that's messed up.

If you live in the south, or any area that shoves that whole "Out of a job yet? keep buying foreign" bullshit down your throat, then I'm not surprised. But seriously, there are 3 STIs on my street alone. There used to be a dude in my HIGH SCHOOL who owned an STI.
Quote by Thrill-house
TS neither the STI or the Evo are rare, you can find them everywhere. I have an Evo so does one of my friends and another has an STI. There are also a good number of people right around here who also have one or the other.

are you serious right now? i saw a 95 or 96 evo once...
you're tellin me that specific generation is not rare? from about 96 to 2000, 2001? I've seen a few non-STI imprezas. (LE, i think?) but damn that's crazy
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STI

"The STI was originally sold only in Japan. It was later made officially available in Oceania (Australia had it in 1999 with the STi Version V). In 2001, Europe received the STi with the change of the chassis. After seeing the Impreza WRX sell at much better levels than expected,[citation needed] Subaru began selling the STI in North America in the spring-summer of 2003 as a 2004 model."

...assholes.
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16

RIP Rev
Quote by Kynyster_K
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STI

"The STI was originally sold only in Japan. It was later made officially available in Oceania (Australia had it in 1999 with the STi Version V). In 2001, Europe received the STi with the change of the chassis. After seeing the Impreza WRX sell at much better levels than expected,[citation needed] Subaru began selling the STI in North America in the spring-summer of 2003 as a 2004 model."

...assholes.

I don't understand what point you're making here, there are thousands of imprezas around.
Yeah the newer STIs and Evos aren't rare at all but up until the early 2000s neither was even available in North America. That generation is rare, i get what you're saying. Pretty much the only way to get a 90s generation of either car is import it or overpay for one, and at the price it would likely cost you're better off getting something newer and better.

Although owning the original Impreza STI would be badass as anything.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬