hey, been a while since i picked up my guitar... im quite a bit out of practice... and right now i need a really easy SAD sounding song to play... emotions are low and i need something to play to go with them. respond asap please
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
thanks! i havnt heard that song in years... any more awsome sugestions?

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
hmmm thats a bit to complex for my out of practice arse great song though, really wish i could play it atm... like i said i need something really easy

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
lol knocking on heavens door uses 3-4 chords... G D and Am, maybe a C in there if you're feeling adventurous
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
hmmm i wasnt even thinking about doing it chorded like that... shiet i gota look up chords now but ill give it a try chorded, got any more sugestions?

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
You should write your own sad song. Be a real musician.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Offworld92, thanks so much for insightfull response.. really i had no clue that was even possible OMFG... dude im still new at playing and i made the mistake of laying my guitar down for 2 long so no way in hell im gona be composing any time soon... if i was good enough to write my own stuff, i wouldnt of been asking for sugestions.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Quote by Fraydawg
lol knocking on heavens door uses 3-4 chords... G D and Am, maybe a C in there if you're feeling adventurous

Fraydog what tab for knockin on heaven's door do you have? the one i have is ver7 of the GP tabs and its using G5 D C D5 C5 and a few more i think lol

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Quote by cronarct
Offworld92, thanks so much for insightfull response.. really i had no clue that was even possible OMFG... dude im still new at playing and i made the mistake of laying my guitar down for 2 long so no way in hell im gona be composing any time soon... if i was good enough to write my own stuff, i wouldnt of been asking for sugestions.

If you can play Knockin on Heaven's door, then you can compose a song. No one said it had to be Bach. Any 3 chords will do.

Look at The Beatles. Look at Bob Dylan. 2 of the biggest artists in the world, who play the simplest songs one can compose.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Learn a couple of chord songs perhaps. Bob Dylan should be perfect to start out with.

Quote by cronarct
Fraydog what tab for knockin on heaven's door do you have? the one i have is ver7 of the GP tabs and its using G5 D C D5 C5 and a few more i think lol

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/bob_dylan/knocking_on_heavens_door_ver5_crd.htm
Last edited by njtwkr at May 25, 2010,
Quote by sorrow.no.more
you all do realize that Knockin on Heaven's Door is Bob Dylan?

Your optimism amuses me.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Want depressing? Just play anything off of Chinese Democracy...
I pride myself on my humility.