After much lurking I figured I'd break down and create an account on here lol.

Just stumbled across this website http://www.fourthfloorgraphics.com while searching for parts for a project guitar I'm building and what these guys are doing seems pretty interesting. It's a do it yourself kit that basically skins the front of the guitar body and headstock and they have a bunch of different designs. Kind of a cool concept, and the installation doesn't look too difficult.

What do you guys think? I personally have paid to have a guitar airbrushed before and on top of the $600.00 bill It took two months to get my guitar back. If the quality of these things are good this could save some money and time on refinishing.

They also have a store on eBay I seen and judging by their feedback seems like a pretty legit product. I have a crappy squire I think I'm going to try their Moonlight design on and throw up a review aswell as some before and after pics.
Dumb.

I would also think with your low post count that this is akin to advertising/Spam.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
i dont think hes plugging them, but maybe... anyways just seems like vinyls like someone before me said, still an interesting idea though
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
I mean if your into graphics on guitars I guess thats pretty cool. I just know it would be insanly hard to stick on. I ****ing hate using stickers I couldnt even imagine the frustration of putting that on... but who knows
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

On the right guitar that could look cool. Especially if you have a band logo or something. They do say they can do your design. Bet they are a bitch to work with, 10:1 there's no slippage when applying them.
Kiss Army
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
its like ColorForms for guitar?
that inspires be to make a Lite-Brite acoustic guitar
I watched the application vid and it looked pretty straight forward. According to the site the skins are made out of a certain material that when applying it eliminates any airbubbles? I dunno, we'll see.

My post count is low because I've just signed up. I've been reading these forums forever and believe me if I'm unhappy with this product you guys will be the first to know. Just thought it was an interesting idea to customize a guitar without spending a fortune.

Anyways I ordered the Moonlight design so it should be here before the weekend. I'll throw up some before pics of my crappy Squire and of course some after pics after I get it!
Here are a couple before pics of the Squire that the Moonlight skin will be going on. Skin should be here tomorrow

SPAMMER

Thought you were banned from here "linksys24"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987737

Been joining up a few forums and saying exactly the same thing which is why I banned you from the BC Rich Players Forum today for posting an EXACT duplication of this subject post

Here guys have a look at this one too

http://www.jsguitarforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1346750

Anyone recognise that Dean?,if not,look at the link under the word SPAMMER
Who cares what it looks like?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Yeah yeah, you caught me Lorne. You should use your detective skills for more than internet forums good sir.

Fact of the matter is I'm an average joe like the rest of you. Working two jobs, living in a cheap house, girlfriend, two cats. I had this vision three years ago of being able to make your own guitar look custom without spending a ton of cash to do so. I perfected my product and it took me 2 1/2 years to do so. I'm just trying to let other guitars players know about it. I play and I play in a gigging band so what I have is not junk. Yeah you banned me for spamming or advertising or whatever but I was and active member on these forums. I gave others advice if I had any good enough to give and participated in several discussions on here. This is a cool forum with a bunch of really cool members "UG FTW!!" I would help a fellow UG'er out that was in my shoes because for a lot of us the UG'ers are a kinda family. Hell I even suggested all of UG getting together to rent out a hotel and just have a big party and get to meet everyone in person. I'm not asking anyone to buy anything I'm just letting people know that if you want to make your guitar look like a million bucks there's an alternative to paying a fortune for airbrushing or paying $800 for a $200 guitar because of its cool finish. I don't have $8000 to throw and advertising campaign together and 9 times out of 10 the people that do have that kind of money don't care if they're selling you junk or not.

Anyways I got my skin in today and here are the pics
Looks like something that would be on a toy guitar if you ask me, I wouldn't touch my guitar with one of those things or anything similar in a million years.

Unless you're 12, that way you can get away with it.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
Looks like something that would be on a toy guitar if you ask me, I wouldn't touch my guitar with one of those things or anything similar in a million years.

Unless you're 12, that way you can get away with it.

I just shipped two of these to Italy for the guitarist of Labyrinth who will be playing with Megadeth early next month Thanks for the sarcasm though buddy
There was absolutly no sarcasm in my post whatsoever.

Those things look ridiculous.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
^seconded. They're only for metalheads who need gothicised guitar images to compensate for their lack of actual skill.
Quote by 09phillt
^seconded. They're only for metalheads who need gothicised guitar images to compensate for their lack of actual skill.

Exactly, you wouldn't catch anyone who actually new anything about proper music having anything to do with one of these.
Pretending to be some kid guitarist who just stumbled across that site is just an annoying way to get past forum advertising rules. Theres a reason the rules are in place, we don't want every company walking in here, trying to pedal their junk, and clogging up the boards.

If I ever wanted to change the look of a guitar, it would have to already be in a plain color I was willing to paint over, be something very subtle, and I would like the idea to the point where I would be willing to put enough money into getting it done properly.
I think these certainly have there market, at least the guys honest. Providing they dont cost more than like £15.

But they do look tacky and defo arent for me. I imagine itd be very painfull to get them on there.

If you get one that is a full and detailed close up of hayley williams' boobs i might be interested.
Quote by FuzzLove
Exactly, you wouldn't catch anyone who actually new anything about proper music having anything to do with one of these.

Perhaps you misread my post. Why isn't your band playing with an act like Megadeth? Why haven't I even heard of you? Are you even in a band? What kind of "proper" music do you play? Unless you are professional musician yourself that people have actually heard of, to talk crap on someone who is is absolutely ridiculous. I want to see some credentials and accomplishments from you and your music.
Quote by 09phillt

You too buddy, lets see some acomplishements from you in the music world. Being as skilled as you are to denounce all metal guitarist lets see where your skill has gotten you. I see you're a student and a kid, I need not go any further.
Quote by Ashford_Hollow
You too buddy, lets see some acomplishements from you in the music world. Being as skilled as you are to denounce all metal guitarist lets see where your skill has gotten you. I see you're a student and a kid, I need not go any further.

You are lying, advertising AND starting fights all in one thread!! Not a good idea if you are trying to promote your product.. people won't give you any respect.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Ashford_Hollow
Perhaps you misread my post. Why isn't your band playing with an act like Megadeth? Why haven't I even heard of you? Are you even in a band? What kind of "proper" music do you play? Unless you are professional musician yourself that people have actually heard of, to talk crap on someone who is is absolutely ridiculous. I want to see some credentials and accomplishments from you and your music.

I wouldn't play with Megadeath if they asked me to.
You know absolutly nothing about me other than I don't like stupid guitar stickers, so do one.

Everyone with a logical brain knows that people who have pictures of silly gothic imagery on their guitar, are actually completly missing the point of the guitar.

Also, you're a spammer, so you don't really have a say anyway.

Quote by beckyjc
If you get one that is a full and detailed close up of hayley williams' boobs i might be interested.

However saying that, if you can get me one of those ^ aswell, I'll definatly take that off of your hands.. I probably won't put it on my guitar though.
Quote by beckyjc

LOL that would be hilarious

Oh and I actually kinda thought the graphic on the Strat was cool. Much more subtle than other decals like this that I've seen. Actually something I could see going on as a real airbrush. Too bad the TS is already insulting people because people are mad that he lied to everyone on his first post. Way too go buddy, you do realize those kids are going to be your MAIN MARKET... Right?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Guys about to get banned i think.

Maybe in this day and age, people dont want to waste there money on pointless crap?

Nobodies slandering metal gutiarists.

Just considering your graphics its obvious that its aimed at the 12 year old metalhead demograph who dont have the money in their pocket to get a proper paint job.

Loads of companies make their money by aiming their product at kids that don't know any better.

But at least they arent arrogant and up themselves about it.

Get your selling technique sorted.

Edit: You always get there first ^
Yeah, i quite liked the one he posted in the thread, i wouldnt get it like, but looking at the website its all like BLOODZ&SKULLZ.
Last edited by beckyjc at May 29, 2010,