Today while playing a gig I kinda rocked my way into the side there wasnt any light and almost messed up cause i could see the fret markers, is there anyway to avoid this instead of moving in the no light area? like maybe a LED or something that attaches to the nut?
You could use led fret markers, however i'm not sure how you're gonna retrofit it. They're normally installed into new guitars
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

or practice so much that you can pretty much memorize the positions
get a guitar with no fret markers. then you'll be forced not to rely on them
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at May 25, 2010,
I can't tell you what they're called, TS, but I can tell you that they definitely do exist. I don't know how much that helps though.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Qq5L27R9E

just recorded that for ya. it's by ice pix - attaches to the strings above the nut. used it live for quite a while... shaped like a pick, but has a bright LED in the tip

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ice-Pix-FIX-Fretboard-Illuminator-X?sku=421450 appears to be discontinued though... eBay?!
Last edited by josephde at May 25, 2010,
Maybe some glow in the dark paint? Just put a little dab over the fret markers. I think it would work OK.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Get glow in the dark stickers!

Or just learn to play properly (JK)

I have seen a few guitars with leds mounted on the headstock that shine along the fretboard. Looks really cool and could solve your problem.
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
You could, like earlier suggested get some LED's installed in your guitar, but that's expensive.

LED Guitar:
http://www.simscustom.com/
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Glow in the dark fret markers. They come as stickers and are fairly cheap. Just stick them on top of your inlays that are already there.

Obviously you'll need to charge them up before you go on though, so maybe bring a small flash light with you and shine it on each one for a bit before you go on?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by AcousticMirror
you look at your fret markers?

You don't?

If I don't keep a pretty constant stare at my fingers/fretboard, I'll surely mess up, and I've been playing for 6 years. I mean, I know blind people play guitar, but I don't understand.
I've logged maybe 100 hours on guitar and I don't look at my hands at all.

Then again, I'm used to fretless instruments so this is easymode.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
yeah, i don't really look at the guitar much :/ it's just not necessary after a few years of playing, especially if you play live a lot.

but seriously, i even recorded a video with the awesome cheap solution and it gets ignored?!

last time i put... 5 minutes... of effort into a response
Just practice playing without looking.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Gotta admit though, the idea of a little blue LED at the nut pointing down the fingerboard is inviting. I can see that looking good on my Gilchrist if done well. Maybe a watch battery? Hmmm, blue Leds have a fwd bias of about 2.5V, might need two.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
dude. just do this drill like.

2nd finger 14 fret

3rd finger 4th fret

1st finger 12th fret

and randomly like that over and over again, for a full day w/o looking at your fingers . and you'll have it down.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.