Let's suppose your favorite musician has to go to the bathroom during a concert...

Page 1 of 3
...and they hand you their drumsticks or instrument to keep the crowd going whilst they go, what do you play or do?

Assuming I'm handed the bass by Mark King and it's a Level 42 concert, I'd play Alain Caron's D-Code, or jam with the keyboardist Mike Lindup.

At a Rush concert, I'd hope Alex Lifeson gave me his guitar, then Id ask what the next song is and play it with the rest of the band.

Well?
Well, this is stupid.

*leaves*
Note: that is what I would do, just ****ing pee before hand you twats.
Last edited by whitenihilist at May 25, 2010,
I'd play something that's the complete opposite of the band's style. I'll either get a laugh out of the crowd or get stuff thrown at me.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Quote by MH400
Play, of course.

This.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
I could fill in for claudio sanchez of coheed and cambria, maybe. I couldn't sing, but i know most of the rythm for the songs. if Tony Iommi handed me his guitar, I'd be fine for almos all of the paranoid album.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Well, I would probably try and play one of their songs, although most of the artists I listen to don't play gigs or play songs that are too technical for me anyway. I guess if it was necrophagist I'd just have to hope that they were playing stabwound next, or with Arcturus I'd just play a solo, wearing one of their hats.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Regardless of the band, I'd play, insisting upon doing a cover NOFX's Arming the Proletariat With Potato Guns.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Wonder why they didn't get the rest of their band to play something. Or just slip their knob into a bottle, balance it on an amp and piss while playing the next song.

But I'd probably suffer riff amnesia, and end up noodling about a bit before playing the one riff I could remember over and over again. It'd probably be The Moor by Opeth.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
If jade puget did this to me, I'd sh!t instantly. I'd see about playing the next song on the setlist, if not then I'd just jam with the band or play some goofy, yet recognizeable thing like mario or the legend of zelda theme.

Regardless, I'd play whatever my pants-shatten self can remember with my heart and soul, and hope I get to chill with the band afterwards.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Last edited by Next Hendrix at May 25, 2010,
Depends on the band and the venue and if I'm at all known and venue size and all that. Most of my favourite bands are no longer together, but for the sake of the question, lets assume it's Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. In which case, depending on how the rest of the band is feeling, what's been played already, and what the setlist Bruce put down was, either a cover of London Calling by The Clash, a cover they've been doing a lot lately, or just jam The Ghost Of Tom Joad, something that they often do.

Alternately, we can assume it's Jeff Beck, in which case, after having a heart attack because the greatest guitarist in the world just said "What the hell, this kid can probably maybe cover my ass", handed me his guitar, and let me into his spot, probably jam Brush With The Blues since I know that I'm miles from where Jeff Beck is, and if I do anything that isn't 99% improv that he plays, I'll just embarrass myself, bringing Jeff back in with a bit of trade-off when he comes back.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by MH400
Play, of course.

Nah, ya ol turkey. C'mon get a better answer aye?

Nah, I would probs bleat out a funky rhythm (confusing word, aye?) on bass or somethin nice.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Well, this thread went in a completely different direction than the title led me to believe.
Quote by Next Hendrix
If jade puget did this to me, I'd sh!t instantly. I'd see about playing the next song on the setlist, if not then I'd just jam with the band or play some goofy, yet recognizeable thing like mario or the legend of zelda theme.

Regardless, I'd play whatever my pants-shatten self can remember with my heart and soul, and hope I get to chill with the band afterwards.

Same thing but switch Jade with Adam
Willy. ****ing. Windmill.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Inevitable Rush reference was inevitable.

It does mention 'your favourite band'. It's in context so stop whining.
hello
Quote by opc100
It does mention 'your favourite band'. It's in context so stop whining.

Jeez, chill out.

EDIT: On topic, seeing as my tired state got the better of me, I'd run off with tr00ch's guitar, as I lack $2000 to buy one of my own.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at May 25, 2010,
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Jeez, chill out.

EDIT: On topic, seeing as my tired state got the better of me, I'd run off with tr00ch's guitar, as I lack $2000 to buy one of my own.

It just annoys me. Yes Fassa mentions Rush a lot but there's no need to mention it when it's in context, otherwise you're the troll.
hello
Quote by jetfuel495
If I got the guitar at any show, I'd just tell the drummer to give me a hardcore beat, and bust out with State of the Union by Rise Against. I'd sing it, too.

Hell. Yes.

For me, i'd probably play a song i've always wanted wanted that band to cover, so when the singer gets back he is forced to sing it
I'd just play a song by the band... BUT I'd play it better then how the guitarist would play it.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
if SRV was still around and it happened: ****in play! I know plenty of blues songs he never did, so i could do them.

AC/DC: just jam. I could sit in easy.

George thorrogood: play whatever was next on the setlist. i can play most of his songs.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Page 1 of 3