Ok so not strictly black/doom in the sense that Faustcoven are, but I couldnt really describe them any other way. The best way I can describe them is the mid-paced parts of 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' mixed with 'The Rack' mixed with a lot of keyboards. I dont usually like this much keyboards in my metal, but these guys are one of the exceptions... The contribution of female vocals on their debut is sraight-up Mortuary Drape-sounding too. Enough babble, check zem out.

www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=2710

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcvmhG2lPBo
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Cool, good lad. Mexico has a freakin quality output of metal bands....
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Wow, I was actually gonna make a thread on this band because I assumed nobody else really knew of them, but leave it to you..

What album do you have, Strangle? I only own Ad Inheritum Funebrarum. Cool stuff though, the vast quantity of guitar solos absolutely rip, surprisingly.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
I just listened to the youtube track. That was quite good, Strangle. A bit more echo on that snare drum would make the atmosphere a lot deeper. All that nonsense aside, I'll look into more songs from this band right now
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by Penisaur
Wow, I was actually gonna make a thread on this band because I assumed nobody else really knew of them, but leave it to you..

What album do you have, Strangle? I only own Ad Inheritum Funebrarum. Cool stuff though, the vast quantity of guitar solos absolutely rip, surprisingly.

Yep Ive the same one! Fucking great lead work on it. Really digging this type of stuff, I found it when I was looking for, shall we say, 'atmospheric' death metal releases.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I bump these threads not for the inflation of my ego, but for the good your musical tastes!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Well, hello...This is a treat.

I will be delving into these guys later on

MOOGLEDIT: No homo.
Philosophy > Life
Nice save, haha...but yeah you'll definitely enjoy them. Id love to hear some new death metal bands with the same kind of ethereal atmosphere. I do enjoy the 'darkness/ritual/tomb' atmosphere from some newer death metal bands, but it gets very stale if its not done right.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
^ Agreed. It would appear that as of late there have been a resurgence of a bunch of new OSDM bands (oxymoron?) that try the atmosphere. Some seem to do it well while most generally pander a lot.

It is a rewarding experience if done right though

Regardless, shit aside, there's some great DM coming from Mexico...I've yet to check much of it at all.
Philosophy > Life
Yeah its up there with Poland in terms of my 'hidden metal gems that are simply waiting for me to pick them up in some shithole record shop' list of countries.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested

Took me a while to get that...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
More people must listen to Argentum, I would consider this band a hidden gem. Strangle, have you listened to the other album yet?
Quality stuff,i this gives me that same ethereal,ancient Mayan tribe,kinda feel that i get when i listen to Mystifier's Goetia.Good find!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Penisaur
More people must listen to Argentum, I would consider this band a hidden gem. Strangle, have you listened to the other album yet?

Not yet bar the odd youtube track man...I think Il give some a spin tonight.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Hail metal of mexico!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Viva Taco metal!

Seriously though, I get good vibes from this band
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Been a lot of melodic black metal requests in the last few weeks, so I said I'd give this a bump.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Hell yeah, I still listen to Ad Interitum Funebrarum semi-regularly. Very cool and unique stuff that a lot of you guys would enjoy, check em out! Loads of tasty leads within a very unique atmosphere.
I may have to cheque this out.

I mean, as far as mexican metal goes, The Chasm is quite literally one of my favorite bands, and this is sounding promising... So. I'll get on it.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"