Man there are so many out there. I want something more in the vein of Adam Jones, or Mike einzinger. Something very smooth, not tinny sounding. Ive never been a big boss fan, but it does sound like a good flange. Also i need it to run good with my current setup. Gtr->crybaby->ehx Metal muff->Digitech digidelay. Im not sure if the boss would be good with the metal muff. Ive also heard good things with the mxr flanger, but the evh or original? and what about the digitech flanger. With so many out there its hard. Im thinking of trying to keep it under 150 bucks, or right around there give or take you know. Oh and itll mostly be used as a clean tone flanger
i know adam jones does use an ibanez flanger thanks to the guitargeek.com website
EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
i like the ibanez af2 flanger or the mxr flanger , depends on your needs
also the hbe frost bite is nice but expensive
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I've always been quite fond of Ibanez flangers. I like the touch of white noiseish sound in the regen sweep when you turn it up for that el wierdo Hawkwind type of thing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Are you sure a flanger is what you're after?

Maybe a phaser pedal is what you are looking for?
Ive also been wondering that. Is the Mike einzinger sound mostly a phaser? Not going to be playing riffs like mike but i just want that "type" of effect
If you want a Mike Einziger sound, go buy the Boss PH-2. Mike uses phasers, not flangers.
the only problem is i like analog effects, and have heard that when matching boss up with say mxr or electroharmonix they dont sound quite right
Quote by mmdude22
the only problem is i like analog effects, and have heard that when matching boss up with say mxr or electroharmonix they dont sound quite right

Dear freaking god.
Not all Boss pedals are digital, the exact same way that not all EHX pedals are analog. The PH-2, the one that the previous poster mentioned, is an all analog phaser.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by mmdude22

matching boss up with a guitar won't sound quite right

on topic, I really liked the ibanez flanger i tried =)
Last edited by Darkflame at May 25, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
I've always been quite fond of Ibanez flangers. I like the touch of white noiseish sound in the regen sweep when you turn it up for that el wierdo Hawkwind type of thing.

+1

The old FL9 is one of the best sounding flangers I've come across. Adam Jones uses one IIRC. The old Ross Flanger is great as well, albeit a bit subtler. They go for fairly cheap as well. I've seen them for for ~$60.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
buddy just got a ross. also has an ada flanger. i really like the ada. also want a frostbite.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I love the ADA. It's just expensive. The reissues they just released are supposed to sound great though. I've only gotten to play the Frostbite for about 10 minutes but I got the impression that it's very similar to the ADA.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
that is what i have heard, just seems to be able to go to extremes as well.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by nightraven
mxr flanger

This, as far as standard production stuff goes.

Quote by gumbilicious
buddy just got a ross. also has an ada flanger. i really like the ada. also want a frostbite.

Do want.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by mmolteratx
I love the ADA. It's just expensive. The reissues they just released are supposed to sound great though. I've only gotten to play the Frostbite for about 10 minutes but I got the impression that it's very similar to the ADA.

I totally didnt just buy an original 70's A/DA Flanger on ebay for US$250.
>.>
<.<

Seriously.
The "Mike Einzinger sound' is a phaser.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you