I'm a bit confused on these, is it the same thing as a "2-way selector switch"?. I'm looking for a pedal so I can switch from the clean channel to the metal channel on my line 6 spider IV practice amp. What will allow me to do this?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
In the future I'll be getting one of the Line 6 Floor PODs, but I don't know if I should get the X3, X3 live, or Plus or whatever other ones they got. I don't really have $300 laying around to get one, so should I just go straight for that and forget about this FBV board? (or is it the same thing?)
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Well those POD's won't work well at all with your Spider, and the FBV boards won't work with any other amps besides certain Line 6 amps.

So if you plan on keeping the Spider a while, the FBV would be much better. If you plan on getting a new amp in the near future, the POD's would be the way to go, but I'd get one after you get the new amp. Spend the money on the amp first, effects later.
I thought the PODs had other amp presets or simulations or something. Can't I plug the thing straight into my computer without an amp and still get the tone I want?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Quote by cccp2006
I thought the PODs had other amp presets or simulations or something. Can't I plug the thing straight into my computer without an amp and still get the tone I want?

Yes they do and yes you can.
And one last question, I got a Schecter omen 6 with stock pickups, Should I upgrade pickups to EMGs first and then get a better amp, or get good amp first and then upgrade pickups?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Quote by cccp2006
And one last question, I got a Schecter omen 6 with stock pickups, Should I upgrade pickups to EMGs first and then get a better amp, or get good amp first and then upgrade pickups?

better amp first for sure. EMG's will sound terrible through that spider. they really don't like active pickups

Thanks for the quick answers

I'll probably ask again about amps when I have money and trouble deciding what to get
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325