While i'm playing, sometimes i rest the side of my picking hand against the bridge.
While that was never a problem on my Strat (don't know why, though), it's becoming a problem on my PRS SE Singlecut, which has a Stoptail bridge.

The bridge is getting dirty and stained from my sweat, and even though i clean it with a cloth after every time i play it, it isn't enough to remove it.
And it bothers me because half of the bridge is so dirty by now, that it doesn't even have reflections like the rest of the hardware!

What do you use to clean the sweat stains from your guitars' bridges?

I was thinking of wetting a cloth with a little bit of WD-40 and carefully clean it with that... But i didn't want to do it without asking for opinions here first.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at May 25, 2010,
I use regular guitar cleaner. Just spray enough to coat it lightly and let it sit for a few minutes. Give it a good wipe down circular motion with a lint-free cloth. It may take you a few wipes. I have 2 guitars with a nickel bridge and one of them is just a bit discolored than the other no matter how much I've tried to clean it.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I use regular guitar cleaner. Just spray enough to coat it lightly and let it sit for a few minutes. Give it a good wipe down circular motion with a lint-free cloth. It may take you a few wipes. I have 2 guitars with a nickel bridge and one of them is just a bit discolored than the other no matter how much I've tried to clean it.

Right now i don't have guitar cleaner (i only have Jim Dunlop Formula 65 Lemon Oil for fretboards left), and i won't be able to go to the store and get guitar cleaner for a couple of weeks (damn university final exams! )...

Isn't there any product that can be easily found in the house/garage that i could use meanwhile?
Is the WD-40 a bad idea?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Remove the stop tailpiece and clean it with a very mild metal polish like Flitz or Simichrome. It should work well. Don't use anything harsh like Brasso.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley