So my fellow pit monkeys how many of you have a stutter? if so how bad is it?
I have a stutter it has affected me all my life.
But my main question is, has it affected your chances with the opposite sex?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
No because the girls I know aren't hot enough.

I only get a stutter sometimes when I'm trying to say something fast, or get it into a conversation where I might be spoken over.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I dont know if it's legitimate, but I always choke on words whenever I'm trying to say something important.

EDIT: As to whether it affects my chances to get girls, I'd like to think so...

I believe the University of NSW has just finished an online program that after 2 weeks of 20 minute sessions can get rid of stutters, though it's not actually available yet, I believe it will be free too, so when it comes out, you won't need to worry anymore
Quote by Deplorable
I believe the University of NSW has just finished an online program that after 2 weeks of 20 minute sessions can get rid of stutters, though it's not actually available yet, I believe it will be free too, so when it comes out, you won't need to worry anymore

You for real?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

Lol I aint got a stutter but my friend has one and it kills all of his jokes, he would be funny but it takes him 2 long to get to the punchline :S poor guy
Depending on how bad the stutter is depends on how well you get on with the opposite sex, if its so bad that it pisses people off to talk to you, it might be a problem, if its occaisonal and not that long its not a prob. Anyway it depends on the chick 2, if she's one of those deep, kind types it'll be ok, if shes shallow no chance i'm afraid.
As for girls with stutters... I don't think any guy is understanding enuf to like a stuttering chick.

Anyway relax man, speech isn't the only thing girls will associate you with...
A man walks into a doctor's office, and holds up a sign saying "Doctor, I can't pronounce my F'ths or my Th's".

The doctor thinks for a minute, and replies "Well, you can't say fairer than that, then".
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at May 25, 2010,
I used to have a lisp when I was young, but I had speech therapy and I don't now.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I stutter like hell but i also dont stutter, how come?

Simple:

1) I stutter when i want to say something i get excited about. EXAMPLE: Yo bra new guitar is indoors nowadays and i wa-wa-wanna p-pla-play i-i-i-i-it ba--baabdlaldalsy badly.

2) If i tell myself not to get excited about it it would go like: Hey man, new guitar, lets take it for a spin.

So why waste time on some 2 weeks education shit that probably would work if you can get rid of it yourself.

You´re welcome fellow stuttrpeople
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by deathdrummer
You for real?

Damn I can't find the source, as I read it in the paper, but I'll keep searching.
Quote by Deplorable
Damn I can't find the source, as I read it in the paper, but I'll keep searching.

Thanks man I ll have to look it up.

Quote by Henkdemachtige
I stutter like hell but i also dont stutter, how come?

Simple:

1) I stutter when i want to say something i get excited about. EXAMPLE: Yo bra new guitar is indoors nowadays and i wa-wa-wanna p-pla-play i-i-i-i-it ba--baabdlaldalsy badly.

2) If i tell myself not to get excited about it it would go like: Hey man, new guitar, lets take it for a spin.

So why waste time on some 2 weeks education shit that probably would work if you can get rid of it yourself.

You´re welcome fellow stuttrpeople

Well, I would agree with you if they were charging money, but if it's free, why not get rid of your stutter completely? especially if you feel it impacts negatively on your life (or at least you think it does)
Quote by Echoplex
Just say, "That was the remix," every time you stutter.

Speech therapists are really good at getting rid of these habits (or so I've heard).

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Deplorable
Well, I would agree with you if they were charging money, but if it's free, why not get rid of your stutter completely? especially if you feel it impacts negatively on your life (or at least you think it does)

I feel it negatively impacts my life.

Quote by Deplorable

Okay, i didnt read it was free now my superawesome tactical plan has no use.
But if it impacts the way other people (opposite sex) think about you or treat you, you should stay away from them in the 1st place becasue those people are
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Okay, i didnt read it was free now my superawesome tactical plan has no use.
But if it impacts the way other people (opposite sex) think about you or treat you, you should stay away from them in the 1st place becasue those people are

Definitely true, it's so stupid to judge someone based on a speech impediment that is completely out of their control, people who do are not the people who I personally would want to associate with.

One of my friends who stutters is an awesome bloke, and he manages to have his ways with the ladies still.
Sometimes i stutter when i'm on the phone, i am well aware of it, and its not me getting tongue tied, it basically just feels like my brain and my mouth part ways and i have to stop mid sentence and get it all back together, its weird and quite annoying but i make a joke of it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I am not to sure what the ladies think about it when I am trying to talk to them.

Quote by deathdrummer
I am not to sure what the ladies think about it when I am trying to talk to them.

They probably think ´Stud´.

Anyway if you think ladies are the problem, try and talk slow and not all hyperactive or fast, when you talk slowly (not like retard slow) you can mostly manage to say what you want without stuttering ALOT.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Echoplex

Oh my god

I don't stutter myself, but of all my friends, the one who stutters the most also gets laid by far the most. Don't let stuttering get in your way.
Nah, mate. Not me aye? But me cousin has been stutterin and shit. Kinda funny aye but not somethin to laugh at because he cops a lotta flack for it. Poor bugger.
But mate, if people give ya shit over it, tell em to rack off. I mean, if they can't give ya a fair go because of somethin' that small, they just aren't worth it, fella. As long as ya give it a go, be happy even if ya talk different, aye?
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by newbie08
Nah, mate. Not me aye? But me cousin has been stutterin and shit. Kinda funny aye but not somethin to laugh at because he cops a lotta flack for it. Poor bugger.
But mate, if people give ya shit over it, tell em to rack off. I mean, if they can't give ya a fair go because of somethin' that small, they just aren't worth it, fella. As long as ya give it a go, be happy even if ya talk different, aye?

Faark mate, didja wanna make ya post any more ozstralian?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Faark mate, didja wanna make ya post any more ozstralian?

Maaaaaaate! Nah, fella that's just the way I am, aye? Just like I said to the bloke who started the thread: Just give it a go, aye? Who cares what them tall poppies think. As long as your ridgy-didge to yourself and give it your best, it's all good, aye fella?
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Thiiii.....s cou.......llldn't bbbbbbeeee the first stuuuuuu...uter j......oke, iiiiis i....t?
Quote by newbie08

Mate thats the most aussies post i have ever seen in the pit.

I don't stutter per se; that is, I don't repeat consonants or omit vowels or anything like that. When I'm talking, from time to time, I stumble over my words or I'll stop halfway through saying a word and start over again.
Quote by Echoplex

thats horrible

i don't have one but i do talk too fast for myself sometimes or some days i just can't talk completely because of me being tired.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I wonder what causes it.

I don't have a stutter, but my words get tangled up as I'm speaking them a lot. It happens pretty often and I feel like an idiot when it does.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.