i dont know so very much about what guitars and guitar gear is good, and i wonder if anyone of you can tell me if my guitar and gear is good?

|Equipment|

Guitar: morgan legend series

Amp: fender frontman 15r

pedal(s): boss overdrive (OD 3)

i will add some pics of my guitar
why do need us tell if it is good or not for you?without even hearing or even seeing it?

nyway sounds like low budget gear..I would tell its OK..
Last edited by archenemyfan at May 25, 2010,
I have never ever heard of morgan guitars......
Frontman is an okay amp for practice, pretty good cleans
Boss overdrive?... First of all its boss so without an adapter you get like 4 hours with a battery, secondly I think an overdrive pedal is a relli stupid idea I've never had an amp without a drive setting....

Archenemy is right its pretty low budget, I made a stupid mistake wen I bought a yamaha starter kit when I had been playing classical for 5 YEARS.... I wish I had learnt more about gear, don't make the same mistake
Quote by DeadSoloist
I think an overdrive pedal is a relli stupid idea I've never had an amp without a drive setting....

Er, no your gear isn't great, but its OKish for a low budget setup just for bedroom jamming, though I've never heard of your guitar. But why are you asking us if your gear is good anyway? Are you unhappy with your sound? If so, then what do you want to change about it?
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at May 25, 2010,
Below average. Not very "serious" gear.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by greenwoodfan93

Er, no your gear isn't great, but its OKish for a low budget setup just for bedroom jamming, though I've never heard of your guitar. But why are you asking us if your gear is good anyway? Are you unhappy with your sound? If so, then what do you want to change about it?

The reason i asked was that i live in norway, but im going to new york in a few weeks. and im thinking about buying some new gear. i feel that my guitar is ok but i want to buy some new pedals and (maybe a new amp). what chorus and fuzz pedals do you recommened(300-600 dollars)?
Is "boss CH-1 Super Chorus" a good pedal?
Last edited by k.d.guitar at May 25, 2010,
Original question no

Seconds question dont spend 600$ on pedals, you could save that cash, sell your amp/boss pedal and buy a better amp which would be a lot better in the long run..
Quote by k.d.guitar
Is "boss CH-1 Super Chorus" a good pedal?

Hey man. First of all, my ancestors are from Norway, rock on, and second of all, get the MXR Black Label Chorus. It's better than the Super Chorus, IMO.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
while im here i may as well ask..... is the cort evl x4 like a mid range guitar, i sora get ya would'nt want to gig with it, but is it all good for like garage band stuff?
Quote by k.d.guitar
The reason i asked was that i live in norway, but im going to new york in a few weeks. and im thinking about buying some new gear. i feel that my guitar is ok but i want to buy some new pedals and (maybe a new amp). what chorus and fuzz pedals do you recommened(300-600 dollars)?

Ah right, well in that case I'd put most of the money towards a new amp then, there's not much point spending that much money on pedals if you're just running them through a Frontman, and as long as you're happy with you're guitar you shouldn't worry about replacing it...

Before I recommend any amps what sort of music do you play? Genres, guitarists etc? And what will you be using it for, ie gigging, band practices etc? Budget for new amp?

In terms of fuzz, what sort of sound are you hoping to achieve? Matt makes some fantastic big muff clones, http://www.stompunderfoot.com/MUFFS.html , so you might want to check that out, he does international shipping too, though I don't really know if you're after that kinda sound.

Same thing with chorus pedals, what sort of chorus sound are you after? The CH-1 isn't great tbh.
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at May 25, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
Original question no

Seconds question dont spend 600$ on pedals, you could save that cash, sell your amp/boss pedal and buy a better amp which would be a lot better in the long run..

+1

Sell your gear...and check NY's craigslist page while you're in town.
well first off, just cause an amp has a drive setting doesnt mean its good. my boss pedal definitely gives me better tones than standard channles on most sub par amps (like less than 600-800 bucks). so there is a good reason for great effects, and why so many people used tube screamers, etc.

secondly, if your worried about your gear, why are you spending money on a chorus pedal? do you use chorus a lot? cause i really dont know anybody who uses chorus a whole lot. a wah is a pretty much essential tool to a guitarist, reverb is very common, and delay is great.

if you have a drive, distortion, wah, delay, and reverb and of course a good clean...you really have just about as much as you need unless your really trying to get into some weird stuff. and if you gig, get a pedal tuner cause it makes life so much easier. next i would get into a phaser cause thats cool. stuff like that. noise gates, compressors are practical. but flangers, tremolo pedals, chorus pedal......dude.

somewhere it gets to the point where you should worry about getting better at playing rather than using a pedal that quite honestly might just sound as good if you didnt use the pedal. good playing is king.

and so good sound is coming out of a bad amp. even if your effects are worth 100000 dollars. so....work on upgrading your amp and guitar before you buy chorus pedals.
Does it feel and sound good to YOU?
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by DeadSoloist
I have never ever heard of morgan guitars......
Frontman is an okay amp for practice, pretty good cleans
Boss overdrive?... First of all its boss so without an adapter you get like 4 hours with a battery, secondly I think an overdrive pedal is a relli stupid idea I've never had an amp without a drive setting....

Archenemy is right its pretty low budget, I made a stupid mistake wen I bought a yamaha starter kit when I had been playing classical for 5 YEARS.... I wish I had learnt more about gear, don't make the same mistake

My 65TRRI doesn't have a gain channel, or, for that matter, a master volume.

OT: You could use a new amp, and haters gonna hate on the BOSS overdrive, but I don't mind it that much. IMO, the best guitar is the one that you love the most.
Good relating to which rules/standards?
If you like your gear and the way it sounds then it's obviously good for you isn't.
If you don't and you have some money that you would like to spend improving it, then do that.
Is that not common sense?

If you do decide to buy new gear, always make sure that you try it out in the shop first, and make sure that you prefer it to the gear that you've got already, don't buy just on reputation of the gear or other people's opinions.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
no
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.