Here's the deal-

wanted a new toy so I went to Guitar Center and bought a Line 6 GX1 - only one they had was the display so I got it with nothing but the hardware and the USB cable they threw in too. I figured (and they told me) I could download all the stuff from Line 6 so I got it working fine and have Pod Farm (standalone and VST too) - when I try to get Pod Farm 2 it says I need a license # and that's $49!

If I would have gotten a factory sealed box would I get Pod Farm 2? Just wondering if I got screwed by buying the floor model?

p.s. it works slick - it shows 16, 24 or 32 bit - does this work at 32-bit too? Also the Pod Farm stuff is cool as hell.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Toneport GX comes with Gearbox software, i have a GX but have never heard of Pod Farm...

EDIT: Gearbox comes with a load of presets but you have to pay extra for premium packages of presets, so i dont think you got screwed because mine was factory sealed.
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Last edited by Sammy2K7 at May 25, 2010,
You download Pod Farm 1 first and activate that with Line 6 Monkey.
Then you download Pod Farm 2 (using Line 6 monkey), and when you activate it, it shouldn't ask you for a licence anymore.
lemme try that then... the Pod Farm is really cool - some great presets and the High-Gain presets have a great noise gate - I usually have to add Waves C1 Noise Gate to all my free amp sims but the Line 6 one is really good - I don't need any additional gating with their stuff.

EDIT: Darkshade666 - you rock Dude. Now I'm running Pod Farm 2 - thanks a heap. Tried to ask in the Line 6 forums but they're about dead in there.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at May 25, 2010,
Studio GX comes with Pod Farm; upgrade to Pod Farm 2 is free with it. If ur interested in metal stuff then instead of the Farm you can purchase a Metal Shop + FX Junkie which is for $40.
yeah I'm probably going to grab the Metal Shop addon anyways as I love Metal - although Pod Farm 2 does have some great potential - I just started building my own rigs now - that and a few VST Plug-ins are giving me a Brootal sound.
The Metal shop addition is awesome and defiantly worth getting!
if you can, upgrade Pod Farm 2 to Pod Farm Platinum 2. Its way worth the extra $$$ and you get so much to work with. I've been running Platinum since PF1 and its great.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
what does Platinum offer - is there a link I can read up on it?
wow- gotta have this - need more $$$$ though first. Thanks - Platinum looks to be amazing - the new amps and stomps would be killer. I'm going to buy the Metal/FX pack tonight though.