By that I mean, how do you make CD booklets that look fairly nice? Also, are there any practical ways to make the disc itself look like it isn't just a random burnt CD? This are probably both stupid questions, but I gotta learn somehow.
i recently did this and just saying from experience, it is way easier to go through a company to make your cds for you. I used discmakers and it was fairly easy and didn't cost too much. I mean it was more than I would want to spend but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
We bought CD cases, printed inserts (and cut them out), and then hand drew art on plain white CDS. They looked really good too and were cheap to make.
The only way to achieve this the right way is to do it professionally. Go to a duplication company (we used www.hypnoticduplication.com) and submit your master recording and your hi-def artwork and leave the rest to them.

To get a run of 500 discs made, it will cost about $700-$1000.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
The only way to achieve this the right way is to do it professionally. Go to a duplication company (we used www.hypnoticduplication.com) and submit your master recording and your hi-def artwork and leave the rest to them.

To get a run of 500 discs made, it will cost about $700-$1000.

CT

and if you sell for about 5 bucks each youll make a nice profit
Classical Guitarist
You can make your own CD sleeves yourself, incidentally, if you've got access to a high-quality laser printer.

A friend of mine did those - he got the CDs themselves professionally done, obviously, and them printed and folded the album sleeves himself.

I'd definitely agree with axemanchris on getting the CDs and inserts done professionally, but this is a way to save a few bucks without losing quality significantly.