Its cool for what it is and the price. Well, the old one i played was, had nice cleans.

Id gig with it as a backup or something, providing you have a nice distortion pedal.

What do you play, whats your budget?
I have one, its a decent amp, not an amp i would use for to gig unless its a really small venue though.
they cost $800, so anything around that price, and i play metal, like fast shit, old school metallica style, but i barley even use clean tones.

EDIT: so like small pubs and stuff is the only gig you would use that amp for?
If you weren't mic'd up it could only do small venues. Good little amp though. I got good black metal tones out of the one I used to have.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Australia!!! the AUD is like half the value of a pound, and everything is expensive over here, like a VMNT cost's $2500
Quote by beckyjc
Its cool for what it is and the price. Well, the old one i played was, had nice cleans.

Id gig with it as a backup or something, providing you have a nice distortion pedal.

What do you play, whats your budget?

The bandits i've used ("transtube" I think) have had terrible unusable cleans especially when cranked. It barely stays clean at all when jamming in a band setting. I guess it would be an ok amp for modern metal sounds but you won't get anything remotely bluesy or vintage out of it.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Save up a little extra and get the Blackstar HT-20 or 40 combo. Might need a cheap OD to boost it and tighten it up a little but it should do pretty well. Can't remember exact prices but I'm damn sure they're between $800-1000

EDIT: Here's some eBay links.
HT-20
HT-40
Last edited by consecutive e at May 25, 2010,
One i played was an old 80s one with the blue stripes on the panel.

Sounded nice to me for low gain and clean stuff.

AUD? Well, this makes everything much harder.

You could probably get a roland cube 60 or peavey vypyr 75 in your price range.
http://www.shiremusic.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=193754&cart_id=237D572E-E5E2-E492-D6C4C6023F3C469C&category_code=10038

Doesnt look like $1200 to me... Theyve got the bandit listed there for $500 ish too.

Where are you shopping? Overpriced shop?
ha, i guess they are well over priced, i should have caught on when they were asking $488 for a digitech whammy, i even thought that was a bit over the top