Ill keep it simple. i want to record multiple instruments including vocals at once on my macbook pro with garageband. I have all the guitar equipment i need and i have a decent mic, so im wondering what i need and any specific recommendations anyone has would be great. i was thinking mixer, some sort of interface to my laptop ect. thanks a lot for any help
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
If you get a mixer, you'll be able to record all your tracks simultaneously (assuming there's enough inputs on the mixer) but it'll all be mixed down to one track in garageband so you won't be able to do much post-tracking.

What you probably want is a firewire or usb interface with enough inputs for what you need.

So, how many inputs do you need, what's your budget, hell, what instruments are you recording? You need to give us some info so we can help you.
Quote by saint22
What you probably want is a firewire or usb interface with enough inputs for what you need.

So, how many inputs do you need, what's your budget, hell, what instruments are you recording? You need to give us some info so we can help you.

This. Basically, do you plan on recording drums or not?
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp