Ever have a day or two when you start playing the guitar, but it doesn't quite sound as awesome as the day before, or you keep missing some simple notes that you had perfectly a couple of days previously?

Sometimes it might just be that you need a set of strings, or you're in a bad mood or tired,

I have my Music Practical Exam for finals on Thursday and now's not a good time to be having such a thing.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

This happened last week, the action on my SG was raised to upplayible when I had it set up, then a String on my telecaster broke. then my schecter's tone was so muddy I wanted to cry, normally that guitar is amazing. this all happened in one day.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by DeadSoloist
relax man hopefully this will cheer you up

I am instantly happy
Bertolt Bretcht

That duck looks so soft I just wanna pet it.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Watch some pictures/movies of nude federlines engaging in sexual activity/posing in their birthday suits, that always gets you back in the saddle.
DeVillains!
Yeah, all the time. I have to be in the right frame of mind when I play guitar, otherwise everything I do just isn't up to scratch.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
that duck made my day
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Every day for the passed year. I don't even know why I play anymore.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
When you realise how bad you are, you're about to get better

That has kept me going through thick and thin, and now I'm a pretty decent guitarist, after 5 years teaching myself.
Quote by Conor360
that duck made my day

This should make your week then!!

Does anyone else find that they play a lot better late at night?
I always play my guitar unplugged really late at night and that's when I play best
Yeah, sounds familiar...
Quote by xaviergray
Asking the Pit to play this is kinda like asking the guy who makes suggestive gay jokes if he wants to have sex with a man.
Quote by Duffman123
I always play my guitar unplugged really late at night and that's when I play best

Oh shi... Exactly what I'm doing at the moment O_O
Quote by xaviergray
Asking the Pit to play this is kinda like asking the guy who makes suggestive gay jokes if he wants to have sex with a man.
Quote by Duffman123

YES.

I go mental late at night, which is why I got headphones for my amp
Bertolt Bretcht

Awesome duck!

Everyone has bad days man don't sweat it. Every 2 weeks or so I'll have a day when nothing goes right on the git. BUT every week I'll have a day when I get REALLY into it and play really well... it varies day to day
Quote by Duffman123

I do.

OT: I have bad guitar days everyday because I suck.
hue
all the time bro

sometimes I pick up my axe and everything is perfect

other days i find myself making excuses like "stupid strings are old,ya that's why i suck today"
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I have bad guitar days all the time being a bassist. The extra string confuses me.

Actually, that's a lie, I snapped my high E so my bass and my acoustic both have 5 strings. Now I handle the acoustic better.

In all seriousness, yeah, of course. Everyone does. It just happens, don't read too much into it.
I used to have bad guitar days. Then they all became bad. Guess I should learn to play a bit.
But I had a guitar that had bad days. Seemed weird to blame a guitar but after many years (and long after the guitar was stolen) I came across the owner of another one. He also claims the things have good and bad days so it WAS the guitar. It was a Pack Leader, made in 1977, one of only about 70, by Terry Pack and Roger Bucknall of Fylde Guitars fame. Martin Barre of Jethro Tull was also involved in the venture.
Anyway, it was all Walnut, through neck of 24 frets with ebony board, Tree of Life inlays with real silver stems, DiMarzio Super Distortion and PAF pups, and all Gibson electrics.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Just got rid of my bad guitar day, and I just blazed through Amon Amarth Feels good man.
Bertolt Bretcht

Whenever I have a gig or something important to play. A couple of the days before the gig when I'm practicing the songs, I always screw up. But I manage to play the songs right on the night.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Lurcher
I used to have bad guitar days. Then they all became bad. Guess I should learn to play a bit.
But I had a guitar that had bad days. Seemed weird to blame a guitar but after many years (and long after the guitar was stolen) I came across the owner of another one. He also claims the things have good and bad days so it WAS the guitar. It was a Pack Leader, made in 1977, one of only about 70, by Terry Pack and Roger Bucknall of Fylde Guitars fame. Martin Barre of Jethro Tull was also involved in the venture.
Anyway, it was all Walnut, through neck of 24 frets with ebony board, Tree of Life inlays with real silver stems, DiMarzio Super Distortion and PAF pups, and all Gibson electrics.

...the f*ck?

Happens to me sometimes, but even worse are the no-creativity-days, when everything you come up with sounds boring and shitty. So you end up playing all the covers, you're so sick of playing. Usually happens to me when I'm feeling tired or shitty/depressed. Even worse is that at those times I can't focus on anything else aswell.
And then fortunatley comes the time when I'm feeling awsome and calm and could study and read and do all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately, at those times I also get creativity rush so I put everything else, that is more important than making up an awsome solo or riff, aside and play guitar
ive probably had a worse one than anybody.

i played a gig one night, but couldnt use my regular guitar. so i used the one that i dont usually play. unfortunately, i forgot about the fact that it was in desperate need of a setup (intonation was off, the action was incredibly high). i sounded like complete shit, and it was because of my own lapse of judgement, and a bunch of strangers were around watching it.

be grateful that youve never done that.
Random question, how do you code a link to look how you want?

Example:
Like a link to a picture and have the link say 'picture'
The past two days have been bad for me. I somehow got a metal sliver in my finger in shop class and can't play now.

I definitely feel the damn thing but I can seem to find it.
^IMO

Remember Reach

Soulsilver FC 1505 8079 2846
Quote by guitartaber93
Random question, how do you code a link to look how you want?

Example:
Like a link to a picture and have the link say 'picture'

When you click the 'insert hyper link button' it will ask you first what you want the link to be displayed as
every goddamn day...
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I almost never feel this way when I perform live on electric guitar, but most days I make so many terrible mistakes when I'm playing classical guitar. I can sometimes play a song I've memorized 10 times in a row and still make stupid mistakes every time.
i had so many bad days where i'd be psyched to plug in my guitar, pedals and everything and then after 20 minutes i'd play and it'd sound like shit. Then i'd be sitting there with cords everywhere and get pissed off and stop playing.

eventually i got so frustrated that i rarely play my guitar anymore
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012