So my gf is buying a guitar and amp.

Guitar will be Epiphone LP Standard Worn Cherry for sure, but she can't figure out what amp she wants...

Now she came up with the Spider IV 15W, and would like to know if you guys think it will be a good choice for her.

She'll be playing pop, pop-rock, alternative, rock, etc and it is just to practice in her bedroom.

Budget is ~100 EUR (~120 USD)
Might want to consider a Vyper instead of the Spider IV. The have generally better sounding modeling in my experience.
My Gear
Marshall MG10 + Digitech RP350 multi-fx
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
nope, vypyr, definately
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
Get a Peavey Vypyr or a VOX VT series amp. DON'T buy a spider please.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
I feel that some of Line 6's more expensive offerings are much better quality then some of it's competitors.

That said, the Vypr sounds much better then the Spider IV. (My son owns both).

Also, don't forget to checkout the Vox VT series. They are a hair more expensive but they sound fantastic.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
It doesn't have to be modeling, she just looked at a picture of a peavey vypyr 15 and she kinda freaked out with all the buttons xD

Just a regular transistor suggestion is welcome as well.
peavey vypyr, vox vt or roland cube. do not get a spider iv or marshall mg, whilst the latest versions are better than the last they're still not as good as the other 3 mentioned
dude, spiders aren't all that bad, i have one and im happy with it, i got it 6 months ago, and if i give up guitar then hey, no skin off my teeth, its a good practice amp. but if you know fo'sho she's gonna keep it up, dig into something else
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by Myth1c
It doesn't have to be modeling, she just looked at a picture of a peavey vypyr 15 and she kinda freaked out with all the buttons xD

Just a regular transistor suggestion is welcome as well.

Part of learning to play the guitar is learning how to manipulate an amp to get the tone you're looking for out of it. It may be quite a bit to take in at first but after 5 minutes, you realize that most of it is just EQ-ing.

The Peavy Vypr shouldn't be any more confusing then other amps (and they DO come with instruction manuals). Remember, we're just trying to give you the best advice so you don't have regrets later.

If someone is too intimidated by learning to use an amplifier, then perhaps an acoustic guitar may be a better fit for her?
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Well said raven, but she defenitly wants an electric guitar. I told her that it shouldn't be to complicating and you'll learn by trial and error (and a manual).

Next time we go by a guitar store we'll have some amps to try =)