i just printed off all 11 chapters for this lesson i hope this will better me in music theory. If u have read it how did it help you. I also take lessons but what i might do is read this and have him teach me theory also. Before i learn scales and such. im almost memorized my fret board fret surfer the ipod app really helped me a lot. I fig theory will be a lot easier to understand after ive memorized the fret board and understand how it works.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
i think the content on the crusade is very good, but its definitely not for a casual player(probably why its a crusade, not a lesson)

i review the first few chapters(skipping ear training) to keep the basic foundations fresh
Quote by silly6-string
i just printed off all 11 chapters for this lesson i hope this will better me in music theory. If u have read it how did it help you. I also take lessons but what i might do is read this and have him teach me theory also. Before i learn scales and such. im almost memorized my fret board fret surfer the ipod app really helped me a lot. I fig theory will be a lot easier to understand after ive memorized the fret board and understand how it works.

I think the Crusades are vastly overrated. I always chuckle when I see them extolled on this board. But to each their own. Sometimes it's like the story "The Emperors New Clothes" when it comes down to many things here. I just smile and click to the next article.

Best,

Sean
Music theory books are underrated
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by Sean0913
I think the Crusades are vastly overrated. I always chuckle when I see them extolled on this board. But to each their own. Sometimes it's like the story "The Emperors New Clothes" when it comes down to many things here. I just smile and click to the next article.

Best,

Sean

They're a well-written set of articles that explain stuff clearly and more importantly far better than I can, that's why i point people at them. There's one or two niggles in there but nothing terminal. Obviously they'll be of little use or interest to you as you already know everything they cover.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
They're a well-written set of articles that explain stuff clearly and more importantly far better than I can, that's why i point people at them. There's one or two niggles in there but nothing terminal. Obviously they'll be of little use or interest to you as you already know everything they cover.

I look at things as to how well they will explain things to others. Of course I know these things so I know what is lacking and there is a lot that is lacking and a friendly well written article doesn't necessarily teach. Its all about how something is taught, and if a firm application of theory is then moved to the guitar. Many people wanting theory want it for the guitar, they want to see an impact in their understanding and playing, and nothing does that. Its the very reason I preach memorizing the notes on the neck before making any serious study of theory. Its the reason that my course teaches that before anything else.

That aside, the point is usability, and how likely is this going to impact a guitar players approach to their instrument? However, If we are going to look at content and clarity I would get more from The Ultimate Guide to Guitar or Mike Dodge's site. You might also wonder if I'm comparing the teaching of these concepts with how I teach theory to others?

No, it would be like comparing apples to oranges.

Best,

Sean