I'm a bit of a rookie here in U-G, so I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place.. But I was just wondering what kinds of embarrassing/funny/awkward moments you people have had while being on stage?

I start. We had this graduation in our school, and had a show to the whole school, and I was in the school band (I know, a bit pathetic). Anyway, the morning we were supposed to perform to the whole school our bass player had 22 Jack'n'cokes as breakfast and was in no condition to play anything. So we decided to crank the bass from my guitar up to near max to get a little more bass in the playing. It so happened that my thicker E-string snapped halfway during the first song! I almost shat myself when I realized I didn't have a spare anywhere and the other guitarist's amp wasn't capable of enough bass.. So I improvised the tabs for all 5 songs we still had left.. It was hard.. Luckiny most of the kids in our school were so dumb and weren't listening so they didn't notice anything!
I got roped into playing for a band I'd only roadied for. Mostly simple standards. Then they started on a song I'd never tried to play and it had seven key changes in it. That was fun!
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

worst for me was when we drove for about 40mins to this gig and i had a migrane, and normally they end in me throwing up. so i slept on the way and took pills, and when we got there i still felt groggy and waited in the loos all the way up to our set trying to get it over and doe with, but to no avail! So in the end i had to play this set worrying about throwing up! thankfully i didn't at all, but still! awkward times!
Lost my pick.

Well, I have only played 2 concerts, so ... But I hope I wont do anything embarassing on Friday, concert coming up : p
The one time in my life I had a significant gig (opening for Blue Oyster Cult) (not as impressive as it may sound, it was in Juneau Alaska , it was time for my first solo. I saw the people (and girls) in front of the audience and decided to start running along the front of the stage. Only one problem: I forgot you can only run so far when your guitar is plugged in. So about halfway along the stage, my guitar becomes unplugged. Sudden dramatic interuption of my blazing solo! Oops!

All I could do was run back, plug it back in, and start soloing even more furiously to try and make up for it....
Quote by guitarviz
The one time in my life I had a significant gig (opening for Blue Oyster Cult) (not as impressive as it may sound, it was in Juneau Alaska , it was time for my first solo. I saw the people (and girls) in front of the audience and decided to start running along the front of the stage. Only one problem: I forgot you can only run so far when your guitar is plugged in. So about halfway along the stage, my guitar becomes unplugged. Sudden dramatic interuption of my blazing solo! Oops!

All I could do was run back, plug it back in, and start soloing even more furiously to try and make up for it....

As far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with screwing up for being too into the music. Nothing at all.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
1st song on the 1st gig....... string breaks on the 1st chord.

"uhhh were going to take a short break"

lol, was so lame.
shred is gaudy music
During one of the songs we played at my last gig (a fairly small gig, only a handful of people), I went to play a solo and my amp decided to crap out on me. It made some sort of crazy, robotic noise with each note I played. It sounded really cool, but I doubt that the audience could hear it.
Quote by GuitarMunky

lol, was so lame.

its funny, i havent broken a string in literally years. but i cant really think of anything too embaressing thats happened. the only think i can think of is one time we were doing a small show and played while my guitar gently wheeps and when it came time for my solo at the end, i kicked on some overdrive and the other guitar player just stopped playing. we eventually got back into it but it was rough. plus he couldnt remember the progression lol. so i guess it was more him than me. it would have been to bad but it was basically just me and him playing and a singer. if there was more of a band i suppose it wouldnt be too bad.
Quote by Mixedpotatoes
Lost my pick.

Well, I have only played 2 concerts, so ... But I hope I wont do anything embarassing on Friday, concert coming up : p

I played the solo of one of my songs without a pick ;]

it sucked cause I was playing and getting into it... and then my pick fell out of my hand. I then had to solo for about 15 seconds with my pointer finger.
Quote by GuitarMunky

lol, was so lame.

LOL brilliant. i love it.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
At a recent gig, I found out that you can only go so far away from your rig with a wireless system...
GEAR
'92 Mesa Mark IV
Rivera Knucklehead II
Ibanez ART300
Washburn X50PROFE
Ibanez AEG20E
Martin DXK2
The first gig that I played with multiple bands, I was supposed to be the filler act. I was getting paid to play acoustic music while bands brought on their equipment and set up. Probably the most awkward thing I had to do was improvise an entire jam to a Dave Matthews song. The G-string, probably the most important string in this particular jam, snapped literally the chord before I had to start, so there wasn't even much time to plan ahead.

That's mostly a lead up to what really happened. The jam ended well, but when I turned around to introduce the next band, they still weren't finished setting up. Without thinking I ended dropping the F-bomb right into the microphone... The woman who brought her 12-year-old kids nearly climbed up on stage to strangle.

Never been so afraid of a 40-year-old woman...
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature