Page 1 of 3
It can be a continual thing or whatever you happen to like this/last summer.

Last summer I was infatuated with Fleet Foxes and this summer I've been obsessing over Bon Iver. I think the folk thing will be a continuing trend. However, in general, I listen to a lot of old school funk over the summer along with a good amount of Sublime and QOTSA.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Still listen to what I normally listen to. Fleet Foxes, MGMT, Animal Collective, Tool, etc etc

It's Florida. We don't have any fucking "seasons".
Quote by crazy8rgood
Still listen to what I normally listen to. Fleet Foxes, MGMT, Animal Collective, Tool, etc etc

It's Florida. We don't have any fucking "seasons".

Nope, just lots of old people
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

From how it looks right now, Norah Jones. But it's extremely close for once.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by vintage x metal
Nope, just lots of old people

Oh, if only it wasn't so true, it might be funny.
Streelight Manifesto. Definitely an amazing group.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Lately, it's been some more Muse and more BTBAM. Also a bit more jazz and Chopin.
Summer is Biffy time.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This plus Gorillaz, Minus The Bear, Broken Bells, K'naan, and Gnarls Barkley.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Last edited by AtomicPunk7 at May 25, 2010,
Quote by AtomicPunk7
This plus Gorillaz, Minus The Bear, Broken Bells, and K'naan.

Without Broken Bells and K'naan, that would make up some of the etc etc I was referring too.
Quote by eazy-c
Summer is Biffy time.

+1

Plus Stereophonics, Joe Satriani and pop punk in general
If you're reading this, then chances are you're procrastinating too
Quote by cgolden
Streelight Manifesto. Definitely an amazing group.

This, the season is irrelevant.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Usually a lot of chill hip-hop, Sublime and Bob Marley
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Death Metal. And some jazz.
WAAGH!

If you think that windows is better than Linux, you're probably gay.
Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Sabbath, Priest, etc.

A lot of older metal and perhaps some newer thrash thrown in there.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I constantly mix everything up. I rarely listen to 2 songs of the same genre in a row, as it is my habit to put as wide of a range of music as I can on my Ipod and then keep it always on shuffle.

My favourite genres to listen to though are Classical (don't know all the styles but Chopin is probably my favourite), Jazz (especially lounge), and Metal (especially progressive metal/death metal, lots of Tech whatever, and post metal).
Quote by crazy8rgood
Without Broken Bells and K'naan, that would make up some of the etc etc I was referring too.

You have great taste. Have you ever listened to Broken Bells though? I think they fit in with the etc etc pretty well.

Oh, and sorry about the sudden edit

Quote by skaterskagg1
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Coheed's Good Apollo 1.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Summer is when I stop listening to metal more often and listen to more oldschool prog like Yes, Genesis, Kansas, and new bands emulating the style like Transatlantic and Pain Of Salvation and Ayreon.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by AtomicPunk7
You have great taste. Have you ever listened to Broken Bells though? I think they fit in with the etc etc pretty well.

Oh, and sorry about the sudden edit

I think I remember giving them a listen once. It's like, upbeat dubstep kind of stuff, right? Pretty good, iirc.

Or am I way off and talking about another group?
Slash, lots of new slash album and Maybe some T-rex, and a bit of old school Ac/Dc- Bon Scott Era- to go with Airbourne.

And lots of Booze please.
Quote by travislausch
Summer is when I stop listening to metal more often and listen to more oldschool prog like Yes, Genesis, Kansas, and new bands emulating the style like Transatlantic and Pain Of Salvation and Ayreon.

Quote by Butthead
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Coheed's Good Apollo 1.

You have received the Ben seal of approval

I'm going more into electronic music though atm: a bit of Prodigy, Pendulums new album is pretty sweet, stuff like that.

As well as a load of Ska, Rocksteady and Reggae for those hot summers days
Whatever is playin on my ipod, pretty much whatever flows when im not working and im baking
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
I never 'pick' a certain band or genre, I just listen to whatever I feel like. At the moment it's alot of Elbow and Editors, with some occasional Sigur Rós.

New Order also gets me in the mood pretty well.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Minus The Bear, American Football, American Analog Set, Joy Formidable, The Format, fun., Voxtrot and The Hold Steady have all been my recent summer players.
I like my folk stuff like bon iver, fleet foxes, and avett brothers in the winter months. I enjoy pop punk and reggae stuff over the summer. A lot of 90s stuff like blink 182 and sugar ray!
RHCP, sublime, marley, always some zep, slipknot whilst driving, ive been listening to alot of hendrix too. this summer is gonna be good. im actually looking forward to new limp
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
I've been getting into a lot of indie lately, so I believe death cab for cutie and manchester orchestra will be dominating my stereo this summer.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by crazy8rgood
I think I remember giving them a listen once. It's like, upbeat dubstep kind of stuff, right? Pretty good, iirc.

Or am I way off and talking about another group?

Uh, I'm not very familiar with dubstep so I can't help you there. The instrumentals are similar to the ones on Gorillaz's Demon Days because they were both produced by Danger Mouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjdWK4_y2KM

The Mall and Misery, just give it a listen, you know you want too. It's one of my favorites.

Quote by skaterskagg1
Page 1 of 3