For those of you that read my thread about the flood, I finally have everything purchased! I went through dozens of amps, pedals, rackmount units until, but everything I tried would wow me in one area and disappoint me in another (and I hate tweaking effects in the middle of a show -- it seems so unprofessional).

So, here's what I am going with:

Kris Kraft 12-space flight case
Furman AR-15 Series II power conditioner/voltage regulator
Axe-Fx Ultra
CAE Custom Line Mixer
SSL XLogic Alpha
*Pedal Drawer
Egnater M4 (BMan, T/D, VX, SL)
VHT 2/50/2
Custom Amp Selector/Interface

*Pedal Drawer:
-- Analogman Sunface
--FoxRox Octron
--Keeley Compressor (4 knob)
-- Analogman King of Tone (4 jack)

Amp: CAA PT-100
Controller: Liquidfoot Pro
RMC Wheels of Fire Wah
EB Volume pedal

(Yes, I was very inspired by Peter Thorn)

Loop 1 -- Fuzz
Loop 2 -- Octron
Loop 3-- Comp
Loops 4&5 -- King of Tone
Loop 6 -- Axe-Fx
Loop 7 -- Klark DI Box (goes to SSL preamp)
Loop 8 -- PT100 Preamp
Loop 9 -- Egnater

The the preamp choice then goes to the return of the PT100 and to a dry cab. We then take a custom line out of the head and that feeds the custom mixer and that feeds the Axefx back end [for timed based stuff/modulation] back to the mixer and out to a VHT power amp and to the wet cabs.
i want money
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah Ibanez and Gibson design all their models on their iPods.

Pokémon CYOA
Click here for my electro tunes!

Proud user and abuser of Bugera
Oh you were the guy who had pretty much everything destroyed in the flood? Seems like you're getting back on track then. Good luck, man.
If you're confident you're going to be happy with it, that's awesome. Whether you actually lost a lot of money in the flood – and even though it would of no doubt been extremely stressful – it really isn't too important when you're going to be happy again.

All the best with your new gear and it's future use!
Correction: the VHT powers the Egnater. The dry cabs are powered by a carvin DCM-150 (which is rear mounted and hidden). Thus, the PT100 is always on and I can select an egnater preamp and combine it with the PT100 (very Bonamassa-esque). Also, the way the Axe is running, it can also be used as a preamp.
Woooooooooah, that midi controller alone is about a thou. Plus an Axe-FX? OH MAAN! Sounds like a super solid rig. Happy new rig day!
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
That's a lot of stuff...

I wouldn't mind having it all, but there's no way I'd run that all at once. Wayyyyy too complicated for me
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Eh...it isn't really that complicated. Think of it more as a two amp w/d/w rig with an effects processor.

...I just have a lot of options.
Last edited by colin617 at May 25, 2010,
Glad to see that you got it all sorted out man, I don't know what I would do if I lost everything in a flood. We don't get many floods in jolly old England though.

I'm intrigued to see what these new fangled AxeFX things are like, not usually a fan of things like that but it seems to get a lot of praise.

Cool rig, too complicated for me though :P
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
hey...
that's not anything you said you were gonna buy in the other thread!
lol.
Penny for your thoughts and the pt100 please?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by FuzzLove
Glad to see that you got it all sorted out man, I don't know what I would do if I lost everything in a flood. We don't get many floods in jolly old England though.

I'm intrigued to see what these new fangled AxeFX things are like, not usually a fan of things like that but it seems to get a lot of praise.

Cool rig, too complicated for me though :P
England has terrible floods.
Quote by AcousticMirror
hey...
that's not anything you said you were gonna buy in the other thread!
lol.
Penny for your thoughts and the pt100 please?

Haha. I know.

The PT100 is incredible. The cleans are glorious and very Tweed-like. The od goes from classic and forgiving to modern and tight with the turn of a dial. I have mine set between modern and classic; with the guitar volume all the way up, it is very Van Halen 1, roll the knob back, and it is very Aerosmith/Zeppelin. This, combined with the Axe and M4 are the ultimate in flexibility for the touring musician. Let me put it this way: I hate channel switchers, but I love my PT100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGErfbbJOqg
I'm glad to hear you have everything sorted. Congrats on the new gear, we know you will put it to good use.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Dang, Colin! I'm sure it sounds awesome, but I'd hate to lug that rig around day after day. OH WAIT!! You have guys that do that FOR you. Jackass

Just messin with ya. I know you take your live sound very seriously. I'm going to make a point of demo'ing a PT100 at NAMM next Jan. It almost sounds too good to be true!!

I've been off here a while, didn't even hear about the flood. What a heartbreak that must've been. Hopefully you didn't lose any of your treasured gear.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by colin617
Haha. I know.

The PT100 is incredible. The cleans are glorious and very Tweed-like. The od goes from classic and forgiving to modern and tight with the turn of a dial. I have mine set between modern and classic; with the guitar volume all the way up, it is very Van Halen 1, roll the knob back, and it is very Aerosmith/Zeppelin. This, combined with the Axe and M4 are the ultimate in flexibility for the touring musician. Let me put it this way: I hate channel switchers, but I love my PT100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGErfbbJOqg

did you try the od100?
I'm thinking about picking up another channel switcher.
Are any of the caa's going to be able to do metal?
Quote by AcousticMirror
buying one now. Race you mclaw?

Think I'll have to pass... For $3000, I'll just buy me a Herbert

BTW, are those HFS Treble/Bass Covered?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
they are sold mclaw. All I have now is a pair of nailbombs, rebel yells, maybe some manlius i just got. Full range and a Studbucker. But I'm waiting for 2 pairs of guitarforce to come then I'm going to liquidate. But I'm saving those nailbombs for you if I decide not to keep them.

Btw I just beat you in teh race.
They are 2k used for the od100. The handwired pt100 is a bit more.
PT 100 will probably be an amp I'm picking up down the line. Not to hot on all the CAA amps (OD100, OD100SE+, OD 100 Standard +) but I really like the PT100.
Quote by AcousticMirror
what's the big difference between the od100se+ and a pt100

I'm not exactly sure, but I remember that the PT100 sounds like a OD 100 SE+, but it doesn't sound as grainy and feels a bit more open and less compressed. The PT100 has more of an emphasis on high mids.

EDIT: But neither would be my choice for metal at all.
Last edited by thrasher. at May 26, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
did you try the od100?
I'm thinking about picking up another channel switcher.
Are any of the caa's going to be able to do metal?

I did try it, but I thought the PT had a bit more...mojo. It's kinda ahrd to explain what I liked more (or maybe I'm just developing a man-crush on Pete Thorn) But yes, both models can easily do metal. You just need to adjust the knob on the back to get a tighter tone.

Quote by riffhog
Dang, Colin! I'm sure it sounds awesome, but I'd hate to lug that rig around day after day. OH WAIT!! You have guys that do that FOR you. Jackass

Haha. Having roadies is nice. My rig isn't that heavy, though. I could probably lift it by myself if I had to....good thing I don't have to

Quote by denied
Did insurance pay up on your flooded gear?

It paid for all the gear, the tech work to have it built, and a new acoustic! I shelled out for a new tele. Both should be in my possession by the end of the week!
Quote by AcousticMirror
hey colin can you get a plexi sound out of the caa's?

It has a plexi transformer, but it doesn't sound totally like a plexi to me. It is too smooth in the low mids. That isn't to say the amp doesn't have balls; it can definitely capture that plexi vibe. However, I could easily tell it apart from a '68 Super Lead.

If you're looking for something closer to a plexi, look into an EL-34 Shiva.
Oh Em Gee. 'Grats dude that's a sweet rig you got yourself!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212