hey guys im looking into my first les paul...but have no money so im gonna have to sacrifice my current gear...anybody that works at guitar center or any similar stores tell me about how much store credit i can get for this:

ESP LTD F-50 with EMG 81 and 85 and pa2 booster($600 new with upgrades and mint condition)

Ibanez sr405 with a small chip at the bottom($580 new)

Ibanez gsr200($200 new but only used twice, sits in my closet)

Dean Bassola 40 watt combo(i think about $280 new) good condition

will this be enough to get a les paul and would u recommend getting a used low end gibson studio or a new high end epiphone custom
King of Shred

Gear:
ESP LTD F-500
Takemine G-340 Acoustic
Ibanez SR505
Ibanez GSR200
Line 6 Spider III 75
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
Laney GS412LA Cab
Peavey VK100
They generally list it for 60% of new price, and give you 40% of that new listing....I think. Its something in that neighborhood it might even be 60 and 60...but seeing as how gibby LP studio fadeds are only 799 I think you will have enough.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I really don't think it's worth it, but you'll probably get half those prices you listed depending on how used. (I've never been to a guitar center, but the music shop near me is about that).
Sell it on Craigslist. When buying used gear from Guitar Center, the prices they have are steals, but when selling used gear to GC, you won't get a whole lot. I nearly did the same thing with my Epiphone when I was attempting to buy my Schecter. They would have given me $250 for it, which wouldn't get me too close to the Schecter, but I was able to sell it on Craigslist for twice as much.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Please don't sell it to GC, sell it here on UG or on Craigslist as others suggested.
yeah either sell it on craigslist or some local shops do cosignment.. the guy in my town takes whatever you want to sell it for and only charges 5$ on top of that.. i sold a wah pedal for 75 and got 70.. plus its in a store so it gets looked at a lot, pretty good deal if you ask me then whoever wants what your selling gets to try it before they buy it and everyone wins
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
ok thanks...theres a local shop thats better around here...i got 275 for my old f250 and that more than half..but im not shure if they order guitars for trades and they dont have a big selection for they are a small shop
King of Shred

Gear:
ESP LTD F-500
Takemine G-340 Acoustic
Ibanez SR505
Ibanez GSR200
Line 6 Spider III 75
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
Laney GS412LA Cab
Peavey VK100
Craigslist
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Why would you go through a third party??? Unless your desperate for crack money, there is absolutely no reason to do that.

Sell it on UG, Harmony central or craigslist. If you are desperate to get stuff off your hands, take some really good pics and throw stuff on ebay starting at .99 and see what it goes up to.
lol^
King of Shred

Gear:
ESP LTD F-500
Takemine G-340 Acoustic
Ibanez SR505
Ibanez GSR200
Line 6 Spider III 75
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
Laney GS412LA Cab
Peavey VK100
Quote by denied
Why would you go through a third party??? Unless your desperate for crack money, there is absolutely no reason to do that.

Sell it on UG, Harmony central or craigslist. If you are desperate to get stuff off your hands, take some really good pics and throw stuff on ebay starting at .99 and see what it goes up to.

because more people can see your product and try it, and you can still sell it online and post your phone and that its at a local shop

if theyre not gonna go to the shop by your house why aren they even gonna go to your house

and also i said some might be cheap, its just something to look out for
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
because more people can see your product and try it, and you can still sell it online and post your phone and that its at a local shop

if theyre not gonna go to the shop by your house why aren they even gonna go to your house

That's what things like Craigslist and ebay are for, you reach more people.
Better to have one person give you $100 than 10 people fighting each other to give you $10.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Anytime to trade something in to a store or a pawnshop, you're going to get killed. Let's face it, the store has to make a profit and a sizeable one or it's not worth it sell your stuff. I you watch Pawn Stars on the history channel, they say that all the time. Some expert says somethings worth $2000, and the Pawn Star offers $800.

I agree with some of the posts above, try to sell it yourself first. Used car especially. I sold one car ever to a dealer, found out later how much I lost. Since then I have sold ever car I own myself and made out much better.

I had a buddy buy a amp for $600. Played it for 3 months and decided he didn't like it and wanted to upgrade. A store (a reputable one) would take it on on consignment for $450 and then wanted 25% of the sale price. So, instead of going through all that, he sold it to me for what profit he would have gotten. Yes, I paid $340 for a 3 month old amp. Got to love that.

Craig's list is always good and eBay can work too. I would concider a store to be last restore.
Quote by archenemyfan
my god the F50 costs only 259 brand new!!!

are you seriously thinking about selling it for 600$?

F-500. Not 50.
Quote by archenemyfan
correct me if I am wrong,but I dont see any f 500 on the website

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_f.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-F-500-Black-Satin-NEW-Worldwide-S-H-Scull-logo-/300380007711#ht_5338wt_911

Don't sell to Guitar Center. They don't give you shit for gear, unless your mexican_shred and find someone who's last day makes them give you A LOT more than you should be getting
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-F-500-Black-Satin-NEW-Worldwide-S-H-Scull-logo-/300380007711#ht_5338wt_911

Don't sell to Guitar Center. They don't give you shit for gear, unless your mexican_shred and find someone who's last day makes them give you A LOT more than you should be getting

Do tell more
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...