i'm currently building a guitar and i'd like to know how you measure out where to put the bridge. is there a specific distance from the neck slot that you measure down or does it depend on what type of neck you have and everything?
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
Quote by mrsixstrings12
i'm currently building a guitar and i'd like to know how you measure out where to put the bridge. is there a specific distance from the neck slot that you measure down or does it depend on what type of neck you have and everything?

Hmm...you seem to be a little under informed for someone who is in the process of building a guitar.

What stage are you at?

The bridge, has to be placed at the "Scale length" from the nut, relative to the high e.

This equates to being the same distance from the Nut, to the 12th fret; as it is from the 12th fret to the bridge.

But first you need a scale length and a neck with frets, positioned for that scale length.

Confused yet?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
ya i'm pretty much wingin in it. haha. this is my first build so i'm still learning about the processes and stuff. all i have done is the body right now. and actually, i understand you completely. haha. thanks for the help. as soon as i read your post i was like "i cant believe i couldnt figure that out. haha"

but thank you very much
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500