I was going to get a guitar from this guy but it had terrible fret buzz. He ended up taking off the neck cause he said it wasn't angled right and told me their was a shim in there to keep it angled. Is that ghetto rigged or normal? I like the guitar but I don't want to take it (trading a neck thru schecter for it) if it's set up like a piece of junk rigged to work.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Simple as it is, you could just raise the action on the guitar, its not necessary to take off the neck
a shim is a perfectly fine method of fixing a neck angle issue. It comes down to do you like how it feels, Does it intonate properly after the shim and how badly will you miss your schecter because once you trade it you won't get it back most likely.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
well then it comes to value. Is your schecter worth selling for maybe something better then the trade?
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
yeah my schecter is worth more. he's got a guild 280 flyer though, + 140 bucks. i paid 280 for the schecter, it's no big deal.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Go for it bro. Bring a tuner with you and make sure it intonates properly first?
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90

Quote by Doctor Matthews
You make sure that the 12th fret of every string is the same as it would be open. Ie. Open E -12th fret E. If it's sharp, flat, or a different note, it can be adjusted most likely. If not then the guitar isn't worth the trade.
Keeping it heavy since '92.
Well the guy took it to get setup and the tech told him a few frets need to be leveled or sanded down or something.. should I do it? :/
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60