My friends wants a 7 string guitar, any suggestions? He is willing to pay 500-1000 euros (=600-1200 USD)
Last edited by MetalMonsterzzz at May 25, 2010,
if ur in the US you could just go for an agile as there so cheap for the spec
but they don't have their new guitars in yet.

Or you could look at schecter maybe.

Look into used guitars as well, always good to try out guitars.
I'd suggest looking into Ibanez and Schecter for 7 strings. There is a 7 string thread full of people who are much more knowledgeable than me on the subject.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
schecter. hands down. i own a blackjack atx seven strang and i can't put the thing down. plays like nothing i have ever played before.
do y'alls people eat oatmeal?
schecter definatly! get the most for your money, you can pick up a new one for arround £600
i picked mine up brand new for $450 thanks to my silver tongue
do y'alls people eat oatmeal?
Quote by drawnacrol
Schecter C7 Hellraiser, changed my playing completely

There is Schecter C7 Hellraiser and Schecter C7 Hellraiser FR which is 100 euros more, whats the difference? I think tremolo
ESP LTD SC607

.....Schecter Hellraiser C7's are also sick...i play one everytime i visit GC

oh and if your friend a more extreme shape.....the new BC Rich Marc Rizzo(spelling?) looks pretty cool
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
I was looking for a 7 with the same price range and frankly the only choices that made sense being in the UK were the RG1527, S7420 and if you are willing to go secondhand an older rg7620.

Everything else seemed overpriced for their spec in good ole blighty especially the Schecters and deans I looked at.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I've just been trying seven strings out the last couple of weekends, I've played a Ibanez RG (entry level), a Scheter Blackjack CX-7 ATX and a LTD SC-607B. I've gone with the LTD. I would say the Ibanez was easily the poorest of the bunch, (but also the cheapest) the stock pick ups are made from mud i think. If you want versatility then get a scheter, the one i played had semyour duncan active blackouts, which whilst not delivering quite the same punch as EMG's produce more tone and sound closer to passive pick ups. But as I already have a epiphone lp custom, I went with the LTD which is an amazing guitar, EMG 81's work well with it, it produces ridicolous bass and sustain thanks to its weird pick up config. So if you want the most bad ass sound for your money and the most professinal feeling guitar get the LTD, if you want versatility and some change from you hard earned coin get the scheter. But i must also add,im a newb on a seven, so ive only played mass produced models.
" It's about how it sounds, not how it's played "

F@CK EVERYTHING

Why be sober when you can
Last edited by deftools at May 26, 2010,
^ Agreed! The LTD SC607B sounds massive and the 27" scale and neck are extremely playable up to the high frets.

The Schecter HellRaiser C7 FR (26.5" scale) is also very nice if you can get past the attention whorish Abalone binding.

There are also a lot of MIJ Ibanez RG7620s from the late '90s that you can snag for cheap and they come with the highly-rated LoPro trem. You'll need to upgrade the PUs to enjoy the full potential and the good news: you can sometimes snag them for the price of the low-end, current RG7321.

GC and MF sold the discontinued Ibanez S7320 for $399 a month or so ago but they're now back to $700. Expect them to go back to $400 when they go on close-out sale, for those who are in the US. These beasts come with the highly-rated ZR trem; however, they have 22 frets, a deal-killer for some.

I see a ton of recommendations for C-7 Hellraisers, but they also have a V-7 if that floats your buddy's boat. It's the 7 I'm picking up in a few weeks (when my order comes in). The Schecters are great, Ibanez are also great, but the pickups are horrendous. Haven't tried any Dean or LTD 7's, but that's because I'm not driving and hour and a half to get lost trying to find the 1 store in a 200 mile radius that sells them here. If he can get his hands on some 7's, you should have them try some out.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
I honestly would suggest an Ibanez because theyre cheap and go for ever. Schecter arent bad, but Ibanez are easier/better to play IMO. If you could find an LTD H307 though, defs pick that up
only schecters?come on...there are loads more

jackson slat 3-7
ibanez rg1527
ibanez rgd2127
ibanez xpt707
Ltd SC-607B
Ltd hex-7
B.C. Rich JRV 7

Quote by Metalcore Jero
I honestly would suggest an Ibanez because theyre cheap and go for ever. Schecter arent bad, but Ibanez are easier/better to play IMO. If you could find an LTD H307 though, defs pick that up

The Ibanez's are nice but the stocks pick ups are terrible!!! nothing but mud on the RG's i played, for entry level you gotta go the LTD or Schecter over Ibanez, has anyone got a cheap Rg with stock PU's in it ?
" It's about how it sounds, not how it's played "

F@CK EVERYTHING

Why be sober when you can