I noticed slot of songs used open and barre chords that are meant for standard tuning on a dropped tuned guitar. Like road to nowhere by bullet. Can I still use standard chords?
i mean, you can, as long as it's Standard tuning, tuned down to C. You will know if it;s tuned right if it sounds good, but just a lot lower.
Yeah my guitars in drop c nd I'm writing a song and I'm making my own minor chords but I like the way a few standard formed chords sound
Another question, I'm writing a song in drop c in the key of C. I used a Eb minor chord with the root, 5th, then b3, the minor third is an f#/Gb, which isn't in the key of c. Can I use an eb major sccale if I go back to c?
Quote by cj_lespaul
Another question, I'm writing a song in drop c in the key of C. I used a Eb minor chord with the root, 5th, then b3, the minor third is an f#/Gb, which isn't in the key of c. Can I use an eb major sccale if I go back to c?

...why would you do that?
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Put the root 5th then 3rd? Or switch scales? Nd nvm imma dumbass it's Cmin.. Which is also in key of Eb but when I build a minor chord I get a f#/Gb. Can I switch modes if I go back to the root? I wanted to play a little lead with the chord. Also, howcome if it has the same notes as the key of Eb yet the 3rd is different? It's due to the intervals within the scale ain't it?
Quote by cj_lespaul
Put the root 5th then 3rd? Or switch scales? Nd nvm imma dumbass it's Cmin.. Which is also in key of Eb but when I build a minor chord I get a f#/Gb. Can I switch modes if I go back to the root? I wanted to play a little lead with the chord. Also, howcome if it has the same notes as the key of Eb yet the 3rd is different? It's due to the intervals within the scale ain't it?

you seem to misunderstand scales. the C minor scale is not in the key of Eb major. in Eb major, you'd use the Eb major scale. it doesn't matter if they have the same notes, what matters is your resolution.

as for the rest of the post, i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. i thought we were talking about Eb major, not minor. C minor has the same notes as Eb major. Eb minor is a different scale (and key) entirely.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.