I took guitar lessons for about a month, learned some chords, and started teaching myself.

Now I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years, and I'm an alright guitar player. I can play pretty much anything as long as it has some tabs to teach me how, but I know almost nothing at music theory except a little bit on scales and modes!

I've also started writing songs recently, and I think that learning som theory will help me a lot!

So the point is, I need to find some good music theory lessons, so can all of you post your favorite music theory lesson that as either helped you a lot, or is just a really good lesson.

Also, if any of you have any tips that would be a lot of help

Thanks!
Quote by leg end

"Roses are red,
Violets are bitchin'
Goddammit woman,
get back in the kitchen"
Quote by sites.nick
I took guitar lessons for about a month, learned some chords, and started teaching myself.

Now I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years, and I'm an alright guitar player. I can play pretty much anything as long as it has some tabs to teach me how, but I know almost nothing at music theory except a little bit on scales and modes!

I've also started writing songs recently, and I think that learning som theory will help me a lot!

So the point is, I need to find some good music theory lessons, so can all of you post your favorite music theory lesson that as either helped you a lot, or is just a really good lesson.

Also, if any of you have any tips that would be a lot of help

Thanks!

Put in "music theory" in google or UG?

Really the best teacher is a flesh and blood teacher.

Also, there are some good books you could get at Chapters or stores like that.
My favorite music theory lesson is the one about modes that is taught on these forums every day.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
said thousands times before but: musictheory.net
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Actually you can learn more from the experience people then the lesson. So you have to find the great guitar player for that who can teach you the best if you want that. Basically you an try it from the video of them also. Search for it.
musictheory.net and search the crusade articles on here, both are very helpful
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic