Are these speakers any good?

how do they compare to Celestions there site says they are replacements and superior to Celestions which is talking a big game.

Are they worth buying or are they just as cheap as the price tag?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I might buy the G12-65 clone or a Vet 30 not sure yet what will suit a Blackstar for an 80s hair metal tone, one of my favorites is Chris Holmes from WASP and he had old celestions in his cab which im sure they have to be the g12 65, the cab was a 70s jmp cab
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Some are good, some are not.

You couldn't pay me to take one of their Reapers or Green Berets.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The only ones I've tried so far are the Veteran 30's and I think they're great speakers. I might try the ET65s sometime soon. A friend of mine liked my Veteran 30 and bought one of the Green Berets. He really likes it but I haven't been to his place to hear it yet.
well before i seen these, i was looking at v30s Eminence Tonespotters and Govenors but from the clips i liked the tonespotter
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
I've got a ET-65 Fit, finish, and sound are fantastic.
i might have to go with a Vet30 it sounds really good and from being played through a marshall it helps me out because my blackstar has a marshall tone to it

the ET-65 sounds really good too from clips ugh cant make my mind up now
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
I sure hope they are good! I bought two veteran 30's for my combo!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I got a v30 replacement, low price, great sound..fast shipping...I personally dont like the extra mid deal...but if you dont have the extra cash. Its a good replacement for a Celestion
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
I wish GWS or someone would do reamped sound clips (like Rivera did i.e Here ) of all their speakers compared to Celestion. That would make choosing so much easier.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
^ Yes, I could really use that..

Quote by maddnotez
I got a v30 replacement, low price, great sound..fast shipping...I personally dont like the extra mid deal...but if you dont have the extra cash. Its a good replacement for a Celestion

The WGS actually has much smoother mids than the honky v30. Some people like the honk

Quote by NGMF-Sam
i might have to go with a Vet30 it sounds really good and from being played through a marshall it helps me out because my blackstar has a marshall tone to it

the ET-65 sounds really good too from clips ugh cant make my mind up now

Their both great. I have one of each in a 2x12 cab
Quote by kylendm
I wish GWS or someone would do reamped sound clips (like Rivera did i.e Here ) of all their speakers compared to Celestion. That would make choosing so much easier.

I'd trust an independent shootout on the Gear Page or Rig Talk over a company site any day of the week.

It's a pity for places like UG that nobody from those pages is interested in doing a budget gear shootout.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I would. Just give me the gear and money

From the ways I think of it, it's like this.

UG is for starting guitarists wanting to know what they need to get an ok sound.
HC is the same way pretty much but with a bigger community; or so it did.
Rig-Talk is for people with money. 99% of the gear on there will not be a Bugera.
Gear Page I feel is for people slowing down on metal and going for more boutique amps and getting the feel for a good tone in blues and rock.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at May 26, 2010,
Well, I can mic up my cab with the veteran 30 on an sm57. But I don't have a celestion vintage 30 to compare, just some stock bugera's.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Me too give me gear and I will gladly review it for you. That being said I've used like half of the eminence speakers already.

My thing with wgs is that they are emulating a bunch of speakers that like...I don't really anyway.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
If someone will give me a celestion I'll mic it and compare. But I don't have $155 laying around to spend.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at May 26, 2010,
Fair enough, when I was shopping I guess I didn't look hard enough. Still don't have a random $90 to spend.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps: