How do you play a root 6 minor 7 chord and a root 6 dominant 7 chord?
--x----------------5---
--5----------------5---
--5----------------6---
--5----------------5---
--x----------------x---
--5----------------5---
Amin7 A7

Should I be be barring these and muting the dead strings? That is what I'm doing and I was just wondering if it is "bad form" or something.
"His name is Robert Paulson"
You would bar the upper strings with your index and use your thumb to fret the low E. I don't think it matters which finger mutes the string. Whatever's comfortable.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Thanks! Don't make fun of me, but I forgot about my thumb...
"His name is Robert Paulson"
Barre the higher strings with your ring finger and fret the low note with with your middle finger.

For the second one, do the same but get the major third with your pinky. Or you can leave out the highest note and fret it like this, [1x243x] (those numbers are the fingers you use).

That's how I do it.
You can also bar the top 4 with the index, and reach over the A string with your middle finger to the low E...if you live in the classical world where the thumb isn't used for fretting.
You could fret the top four strings normally and get a friend to fret the low string.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
you could play then all one string up so it would just be open. Except for the B string you would have the first or second fret down, depending on the chords.