Hi! I own Amplitube 2 and I mostly play with the 3 Srv's presets. I have a Presonis Firepod with a pair of M-Audio Bx5 and I REALLY love the tone I'm getting with those.

Now I'm looking for this tone on a real tube amp and I'm pretty dissapointed.
I tryed Fenders, Marshall and couple more and I can't nail the feeling and the tone I have when I play true Amplitube ( Kind of weird) Amplitube feels so much warmer and more much sustain. I've tryed the amps with a TS-808 wich should be similar to my settings in Amplitube but I find the drive not warm at all. The clean on the tubes amps are amazing but when I put the TS-808 and other distortion pedal it just don't sounds as good as amplitube...

By the way I know how to EQ an amp...

Any suggestions??

Thanks
when u put the ts808 dont put any gain on it just max the volume so it hits the tubes harder it works much better than using the gain thats what srv did as well
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Um ts808+tube amp= not good tone << r u sure it's a tube amp lol I have found that most tube amps will outplay all solid states.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by ishmonkey
Um ts808+tube amp= not good tone << r u sure it's a tube amp lol I have found that most tube amps will outplay all solid states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
if tube amps arent played at a high enough volume (aka the sweet spot), odds are they wont sound all that good. you'll probably have to crank up the tube amp to get the sort of tone that you want
I don't understand... If you like what you have already, why are you trying to change?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Not that I want to change but I must have a rig to play live and Amplitube is part of my studio so that's why I'm trying to have a similar tone on a real rig! Thanks BTW
@ Jungle, I was trying to say the statement was false ,but I gotta give you props on trying to be a total dick.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Hmmmm... When you say "Fenders and marshalls" would you be referring to the Frontman (fender) or MG (marshall) series amps? If so that's your problem. The problem with those is A: They're solid state, and B: They're pieces of sh!t. Go try through a Fender Blues Junior, Hot Rod Deluxe, or Deluxe Reverb or any Marshall that isn't the MG or MA series. Then we'll talk.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
what amps are you playing through?
i hope the answer is marshall haze and fender hot rod deluxe.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
My tube sounds like hot garbage turned low, but it attenuates. So I can crank it without waking the neighbors. Your really have to push tubes though to get that "tube" sound.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I find that really odd...maybe you're just not trying out the right type of amps for the sound you want, or you're trying cheap amps
When SRV recorded he stole the Angus Young technique. He cranked his amps to full volume, faced them against the wall, and then miked the room.

Stevie also never used distortion 80% of the time. He just pushed the tubes so hard on the clean channel that they broke up. He also didn't pick the strings, he obliterated them in a picking motion.

Tone is in the fingers, not the gear.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER