Alright, this is what's happening, with as much detail as possible:

My amplifier, the Roland Cube 30X, is solid state. Every time I plug in my gibson SG standard I recently got new (2009) it makes a buzzing noise. This happens with both humbuckers, individually and together. The noise isn't that noticeable on clean channels but with even slight distortion is it noticeable. When I touch the guitar strings, or the metal parts of the input cable, the buzz significantly reduces. You might think it isn't that big of a deal, because I'm touching the strings most of the time, but it is.

It does not buzz when the guitar is not plugged in. It does not buzz when my other guitar, a Yamaha RGX520FZ, is plugged in.
This leads me to believe it is that actual guitar that is causing the problem.

Anybody have any input on this? Are the pickups too high?
Sounds like an earthing problem? Is your amp earthed (lack of expertise shows)
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Yea I would say to play with the height until it buzzes no more and I just bought a gibson sg standard and it buzzed and I couldn't fix it I would go to whoever sold it to you and flip out. Just my way of taking care of things. Lol
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by doive
Sounds like an earthing problem? Is your amp earthed (lack of expertise shows)

Don't mean to be rude but he said only his Gibson buzzes.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

sounds like a grounding issue where you are he ground when ur touching the strings u should open the back panel of ur sg and look for any cables that arent connected right there should be one coming from a hole inside from the direction the bridge is that is a ground and it should be soldered to the volume pot if it is loose or not connected thats ur problem re solder it and it should be good
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Get a noise supressor pedal (assuming its not a wiring problem). Amps will pretty much always buzz if theres any distortion on them. I would recommend the boss NS-2, but they discontinued it, so shop around. They're also known as sound gates.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Get a noise supressor pedal (assuming its not a wiring problem). Amps will pretty much always buzz if theres any distortion on them. I would recommend the boss NS-2, but they discontinued it, so shop around. They're also known as sound gates.

um when did this happen and if it did happen most small music stores will still have them or if don't it's called get that shot used
Quote by BrokenDstring

Get an NS-2 to solve a fault in one guitar?

The symptom you are describing is of a broken ground wire to the bridge. Open the inspection panels on the back and you will see there will be a wire going between the back of the pots through a hole and up to the tailpiece. It's broken or come adrift.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification