hi guys..

first off, i posted a question regarding tone/amp setting for a particular guitarist; i asked politely, said i was new and hoped my post would be, since i had no idea where to post it, would be placed in the appropriate thread and asked to be messaged so i would know in the future.. it was deleted-have no idea why, have yet to get any reply.i have been an active guitarist for over 30 years... i'm no kid and asked a simple question with decent language and humbleness. hey, just looking for tone settings on my line6 spider ll hd 150 that for me, does fine and although i have other amps, and numerous guitars, it does not make all of them sound the same. my request was and still is simple. do any spider ll hd users know of any tone settings for vivian campbell and jake e. lee. if this is in the wrong place to ask, please let me know where within the forums here i can ask.

secondly, how or is there a way to get rid of the annoying toolbar that is on the bottom of the screen when on this site.

thanks
Last edited by GuitarsJM at May 25, 2010,
Sorry bro, don't know the answer to your question but you gotta realize that the majority of this forum would rather harass you for not posting in the correct 1 of 10000 threads they have than help you. UG as a whole has pretty much sold out also, I swear you can't even look at a thread or tab sometimes because of how much shitty unmovable popups and shit that they have. It's gone down hill for sure, too bad there isn't another reliable place for tabs.
Quote by GuitarsJM

secondly, how or is there a way to get rid of the annoying toolbar that is on the bottom of the screen when on this site.

thanks

There's a way.

Go into your profile, click on Account Settings, then right above the Save Settings is Hide Meebo Bar. Click on the box next to it, then hit Save Settings.

That should do it for that question.
Quote by Gigglebooster
Sorry bro, don't know the answer to your question but you gotta realize that the majority of this forum would rather harass you for not posting in the correct 1 of 10000 threads they have than help you. UG as a whole has pretty much sold out also, I swear you can't even look at a thread or tab sometimes because of how much shitty unmovable popups and shit that they have. It's gone down hill for sure, too bad there isn't another reliable place for tabs.

Welcome to the internet.
When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show.
When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

-The Great George Carlin
Quote by Gigglebooster

I'm sorry that your 100% free to you guitar site isn't 100% perfect for you...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by GuitarsJM
hi guys..

first off, i posted a question regarding tone/amp setting for a particular guitarist; i asked politely, said i was new and hoped my post would be, since i had no idea where to post it, would be placed in the appropriate thread and asked to be messaged so i would know in the future.. it was deleted-have no idea why, have yet to get any reply.i have been an active guitarist for over 30 years... i'm no kid and asked a simple question with decent language and humbleness. hey, just looking for tone settings on my line6 spider ll hd 150 that for me, does fine and although i have other amps, and numerous guitars, it does not make all of them sound the same. my request was and still is simple. do any spider ll hd users know of any tone settings for vivian campbell and jake e. lee. if this is in the wrong place to ask, please let me know where within the forums here i can ask
A Moderator may have inadvertently hit the wrong button and deleted, rather than locking your thread. Setting questions are handled in one master thread:

The Ultimate Settings Thread

Quote by GuitarsJM

thanks
I wrote a little tutorial on that:
How to HIDE the Meebo bar. Step by Step

Hope that helps.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
EDIT: Beat me to it SYK
Yeah, but it's always a pleasure to see you post, Killian.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by biga29
I'm sorry that your 100% free to you guitar site isn't 100% perfect for you...

Yeah it's far from perfect for the obvious reasons, namely the constant popups and dbaggery of the forum. I'm not even sure what you were implying there, the internet is filled with free sites that don't flood their users with stupid and sometimes unmovable popups and spam, UG is just greedy and ran by terrible mods who discourage users from using the forums by constantly being dicks.
Quote by Gigglebooster
UG is just greedy and ran by terrible mods who discourage users from using the forums by constantly being dicks.
This has nothing to do with the issues in the OP: Where TS should ask about settings and how to manage the meebo bar. Just you whining about how you don't like how the site is being run.

If you can keep a civil tongue and have something constructive to say about how the site should be run, take it to Site Suggestions. If not, drop the issue entirely.

Posting little editorials like this in thread posts is basically spam.
And has been reported as such.

Have a nice day.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411