Anyone have any experience with these? I'm thinking about buying one (not for quite some time though, trying to save money). I've read tons of good reviews about it on different websites, seems like a good amp. Just wondering what the more experienced have to say.
It's better than the MA series. Low-mid gain. Not going to do metal without a boost. Needs a good cab (don't buy the Haze cabs unless you intend to change the speakers) and you could probably run an EQ in the effects loop for better tone-shaping. I find that it lacks alot of treble.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
they are bad.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
If this one is bad would you like to suggest any tube amps of similar size/price that are better choices? BTW I will be playing mostly death/ black metal, funeral doom, doom, things of that nature.
Death/black and doom metal? Laney AOR. Check eBay and Craigslist. Consider also the Peavey 6505/5150, Ultra Plus, XXX and Vypyr Tube.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
There's a genre of music called funeral doom? Oh golly gosh, what is this world coming too.

I second the Peavey 6505 suggestion, there's also that Bugera copy of it, which is cheaper.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Definitely looking at Laney's now, reading some good things about them. And Opeth used to use Laneys, they're my favorite band and I love their sound.
well if you like opeth and funeral doom, why dont you just kill yourself.. i think a bullet to the head is the perfect tone for the ******ry you call music =]
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
at least i dont need to save up for a marshall haze 15 watt just so i can do a crappy rendition of crap, bitch
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Wow way to come in and give me a bunch of shit over nothing. You are quite helpful, I hope you feel proud of yourself. Actually I'm saving for college so I can accomplish something with my life, leftover money will be used for various gear. Please **** off and don't speak to me anymore.
well i hope you're happy with yourself, you want an education yet you spend your money on music gear and look like the hippie college professor
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
at least i dont need to save up for a marshall haze 15 watt just so i can do a crappy rendition of crap, bitch

Enjoy your upcoming ban.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D