Hello guys. I've been looking for a new tone recently and I think I found the sound I want. The tone in the video below is what I'm going for. Any ideas on how I would set the EQ, I'm not very good at figuring that stuff out. I know obviously I'll need a pick to sound more like that, and I'm also not looking to go buy more gear, I have a Traben Phoenix 5 string and an Acoustic B200 amp which has a 6 band EQ.

To sum it all up I'm looking for the bass tone in the video without buying new gear. I'm mainly looking for EQ help. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZiurfZlpDU
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
that would indeed be a pick, fresh strings and a chorus pedal at the beginning. For Eqing trying boosting the bass and treble a tad, but not too much.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
ok so when I boost the bass and treble, should I keep all the mids equal or should it be a scooped shape?
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Nope. keep the bass and treble where they are. You're effectively scooping the mids when you boost the lows and highs, but you're not taking any mids out, so when you play in a group setting you won't be so buried under the mix.
Quote by skater dan0
Quote by fleajr_1412
Nope. keep the bass and treble where they are. You're effectively scooping the mids when you boost the lows and highs, but you're not taking any mids out, so when you play in a group setting you won't be so buried under the mix.

Ok I understand, thanks

One thing to consider when EQ'ing? is the more you add the more noise you are adding also.
So instead of adding more bass try removing some treble instead. And I don't think you should add more bass and treble at the same time but that is my opinion and you should try messing around with whatever you like.
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Ok I think I got a tone I'm looking for. But while this thread is going, is there a way to get a pick tone while using fingers? I like the tone of a pick but I prefer using my fingers.

Not really. The pick is only really achievable with a pick. You could probably get somewhat close, but it wont sound much like actually using a pick. Learn to use and be comfortable both, they both come in handy for different situations.
Quote by skater dan0
Yeah that's what i figured. Allright thanks guys!

Quote by Thunderbird660
Fingerpicks. Its what Godsmack's bass does. He loves the tone but didnt wanna lose his fingerstyle. its where i got the idea

http://elderly.com/accessories/items/PK370-L.htm

Hmm that's pretty cool, do you know if they are uncomfortable at all? I think I just might buy a few of these.

you never know until you try.

They will take a little getting used to as well.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Its a little weird at first not feeling the string on your finger, but once you get used to it its like youve done it your whole life.