Ok, I'm getting a 7 string. Eventually. The only problem I have is that 7 strings have a larger scale length and are usually catered to the bottom end.

Anyone know of a 7 string that has the lowest scale length possible and a midrange and top end kickass enough to sing beautiful solos? Preferably a model without EMG 707's but I'm not too picky as long is it feels right.
I got a Jackson dr7 for the equivalent of $350, about two weeks ago, it had EMGs installed by one of the previous users. Scale length= 25.5

You can only find them used, because jackson doesn't make them anymore, and they come stock with passive Seymor Duncan designed P'ups. TOM style bridge, with a string-through body.

Very good guitar, it plays nicely, and everything on it was done right. The headstock is fricken huge, though, when I first saw it, I thought it was a mini.

I have a couple videos on my YouTube channel that demonstrate the tone w/ EMGs, if your interested.

Anyways, you could look into that. I saw one on ebay a couple days ago, which I was looking up to see whether or not I got a good deal.

Last edited by SlayingDragons at May 25, 2010,
Quote by raging_nucleus
Ok, I'm getting a 7 string. Eventually. The only problem I have is that 7 strings have a larger scale length and are usually catered to the bottom end.

Anyone know of a 7 string that has the lowest scale length possible and a midrange and top end kickass enough to sing beautiful solos? Preferably a model without EMG 707's but I'm not too picky as long is it feels right.

I think you just described the Music Man John Petrucci 7-string model:

http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/john-petrucci-7.html

Not cheap but worth every dime.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Ibanez RG7-321 End of discussion. (No 707's but none the less its a kickass 7'er even with the shitty stock ibanez pups)

Or the dean RC7X if you want a higher end (I think they have a plain looking 900$ model with 707's aswell) but the 2000$ is better build quality/look
Last edited by KillerLolrus at May 26, 2010,
^This

Schecter Blackjacks are GREAT too! But there 26.5"
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Low B + short scale = muddy as hell. 25.5" is the shortest you'd want on a 7, even that is a little short.
Ibanez 7620's are 25.5"