HI! well im gonna get to the point the need has arised that i need a good six string bass for slap (primus,les claypool,victor woolten) and what do you guys think is a good Affordable bass for this type of music oh and around 400-750$
Last edited by liposuctionband at May 25, 2010,
I slap on a schecter stiletto custom 6 $599 you can get a studio for $700 and that was a neck through design and a 3 band eq as opposed to the 2 band of the custom.

I personally prefer the sound of passive basses when I slap so I would look into the peavey grind if I wanted a 6 string FOR slap. its much more affordable around $450 if I remember right.

wooten only uses 4 string basses, all day everyday.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Wooten may only use 4 strings, but maybe the TS doesn't want to?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
and thats why I gave him a couple of six strings to look into. but when he says he needs a 6er to slap like wooten I feel the need to say that.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I bought the ESP B-206SM, and its a wonderful 6 string bass. Plenty of sounds to be made, and a very comfortable to play.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Quote by the_perdestrian
I slap on a schecter stiletto custom 6.

+1 It's an amazing bass regardless of the price (but it isn't that much anyway)

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Take a look at the Peavey Grind six-string. The only drawback to it is that the strings are spaced rather close together, but you may decide that you like it that way. A lot of people do.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by the_perdestrian

wooten only uses 4 string basses, all day everyday.

He owns a 5 string fretted and a 5 string fretless. But I agree, he plays almost everything on 4 strings
I'm gonna go ahead and recommend an Ibanez SR506. A lot of people will say that the string spacing is too tight to slap comfortably, but give it a try if you can. I haven't found the string spacing to be too uncomfortable for slap, and its a fine bass overall.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
I'm gonna go ahead and recommend an Ibanez SR506. A lot of people will say that the string spacing is too tight to slap comfortably, but give it a try if you can. I haven't found the string spacing to be too uncomfortable for slap, and its a fine bass overall.

+1, I have one and slap on it.

Best ERB for slap I have played.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright