Hey GG&A, it's been a while.

Now, my friend is looking for an amp. He plays a lot of Nirvana and modern rock (i.e. Seether, Nickelback, etc.). The heaviest he said he needs is Iron Maiden-ish and a little Metallica. Budget is probably a max of $300, so not much to work with. He has a BC Rich Ironbird and a Behringer V-Tone 10w amp ATM.

He really likes the Vox VT's, although I'm not a fan, but this is probably his main choice as of now. I was thinking maybe a B52 AT-112, but I haven't been paying attention to gear as much as I used to so I'd let you guys help me bounce some ideas.

Thanks.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
The B-52 will work if you can find it. Other than that, either a Peavey Vypyr or a Vox VT will work.
Quote by denied
If he wants a solid modelling amp, a VT, vypyr, or flextone will work fine.

+1 on the vypyr
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Both of those are very good picks. The B-52 may have a bit too much gain on tap for Maiden but maybe not. I always lean towards tube amps but you really can't go wrong with either of those.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
bamp
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Anyone else?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Like I said above, the B-52 is a good amp and can handle those styles. If you are unable to get the B-52 or he likes lots of effects, a Peavey Vypyr or Vox VT will work fine.