Page 1 of 3
This thread is about live gear sets ups that you've witnessed and heard from the audience, either making sweet love to your ears, made you cringe, or just go "WTF?"

I have a ton of them from going to the place in my sig, but I'll get one started:

Good: A simple Hughes & Kettner combo with some boss pedals and a boutique fuzz, with a G&L as the instrument. (Marissa Paternoster of Screaming Females; twas a great show)

Bad: This would be the worst I've heard, but I can't recall the amp, nor guitar. All I know is the gain was high, fizzy, and the guitar was barely audible. The whole band wasn't that great, but surprisingly, the guitarist and the drummer were at least in time. If the drummer had a better kit, and the guitarist (who was really just playing one metal riff after another) had a louder amp/ anything of a better tone (a spider would have been better), they wouldn't have been that bad.

Ugly: This is more of overkill than anything. Two Engl Fireballs (not sure if one was a 100 or if both were) running in stereo. Why is this ugly? It was again at the place in my sig, which, is a record store. The room for the shows is the size of a large living room. Two engl fireballs, bar sized gig space, you do the math.
Last edited by JDizzle787 at May 25, 2010,
for me:

good: saw some female fronted classic rock band in southampton, i jizzed in my pants as soon as i heard his tone, it was through some vintage fender valve amp thats discontinued now i think, with an ibanez tubescreamer TS-9 i think? and a Gibson ES-355... i litterally remember going "that's it... that's the tone i want now!"

bad: saw a 3 piece band that same night that the guy was using an Ibanez through a Laney Combo i believe, just sounded too fizzy, was good technical stuff, and some solid riffing, just had an awful tone, and couldn't cut through the mix

ugly: Epiphone Les Paul into Marshall MG at a gig i was soundchecking for... they wheeled out 2 marshall MG full stacks for each guitarist... i just walked off about 10 seconds into their soundcheck

EDIT: i was soundchecking for one of the support bands not them... i didn't walk out when i was suppossed to be doing their soundcheck lol
Last edited by flojomoose at May 25, 2010,
bad-only i could recall at the moment is a cheap strat knock off into a pedal board which consisted of three distortion pedals and a wah and then into a 100watt mg would not have bothered me so much if the amp wasnt cranked all the way in a small show(50 watts would have been too much )
Good: Saw a local hard rock band running a Splawn Pro Mod and a a EVH 5153 in stereo sounded absolutely HUGE. the one guy was playing a PRS and the other a JEM.

also a Two rock a 59 bassman in stereo. EPIC

Bad: Fender Frontman full stack ODd into a boss SD1 and a epi dot.

Ugly: not sure. I've seen some really ugly things
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
this seems like the kinda thread my live setup would be mentioned in by people who just glance at my guitar/amp while its sitting on stage
good? cant really recall a good live tone around here.

bad - i saw someone playing a 400 people club with a line 6 spider 1x12 combo

ugly - i once saw a band that had a guitarist that had a marshall half stack (not sure what model) and the other guitarist had a mic'd ibanez practice amp. you couldnt hear anything but static
Good: Minus The Bear. period.; Local and now defunct post hardcore band Astoria Arms: both guitarists using American Strats with all but bridge pups removed, Hot Rails installed in bridges. guitar one going to Orange AD30 half stack driven by a Maxon, guitar two into Mesa Rectoverb driven with an MXR Micro Amp. (i have much more, but those are the best two off the top of my head)

Bad; Epiphone SG into Boss ME70 into Crate SS halfstack. Gain maxed, no mids, treble and bass cranked. could barely be heard through the mix. had some potential, but EQ'd abysmally.

Ugly; see bad.
Good
Mike Enzieger's (Incubus) rig when they came through here for the A Crow Left of the Murder... tour was godly. Two Dr. Z's in stereo, PRS McCarty, and a pedal board to please even nightraven

Bad
James's old rig. Ibanez Gio into an early Digitech RP on the metal channel into a Fender Frontman 100 combo, scooped mids, almost dimed highs.

Ugly
I'll go with Brett on this one.. I've seen a bunch of ugly things. I'll vote the one band that I saw play with a Kustom Coupe, and, of all things to ruin an awesome amp, a Digitech Grunge repro. Settings maxed, you know the deal.

Great amp, baaaad situation I guess is the ugly.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--

totally never saw your sig Jess
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at May 25, 2010,
Bad: Regarding the TS comment about using too much amp in a tiny venue, back in 1982 I saw a hair metal band performing in a very small club. Both guitarists had Marshall stacks with two 100-watt heads and two 4x12 cabinets each. They could barely move on the stage because of these huge amp stacks. One of the guitarists accidentally backed into his stack during a particularly raucous number and both of the amplifier heads came crashing down onto his head. He was knocked out cold. The singer, staring in utter disbelief, grabbed his microphone and said "Wow, better than Kiss; huh?"
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Good: R.E.M. in 2008. I have no idea what equipment they were using but it sounded great.

Bad: A local band called The Breakdown. The rhythm guitarist actually had a really good setup consisting of an Egnater Rebel 20 stacked on 2 112 cabs. However, the bassist had a Fender rumble 100 and the guitarist had an MG half stack. Horrible tone.

Ugly: To this day I still don't know how I made it out of this next show alive. I went to see a group of bands performing. When I showed up at the place it was about the size of my living room and had a full PA system. Miced drums, miced amps, speakers blasting, etc. However, the worst part was that the second act was using a spider II combo and a floor pod running into a Fender Frontman 212. Maybe it was too loud to tell but somehow the tone seemed OK. I don't know. Either way I thought their music sucked so I left.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Jun 12, 2010,
ive not really seen any bad set-ups, but the in house sound guy at my local club cant mix for shit, the only time bands sound good there is when then bring there own guy, most of the time they play thorough 5150s and a marshal 4x12, wich is all good for hardcore, but the in house sound guys just mixs them out of the mix, cant here shit, man he does my head in.

also i think the hardcore guys need to learn to use some mids, noobs
bad: epiphone hollowbody-->line 6 effects pedal-->line 6 half stack. the other guitarist had the same thing, only he was using an epiphone les paul. the bassist was using two practice amps linked together. i left.
Good: saw Oasis live... what appeared to be 4 vintage Vox AC30 top boost combos cranked... thru an ES-335.

Bad: Local Band no1... both guitarists using MG100 half stacks with the mids scooped to hell thru some cheap HSS strat copies.

Ugly: Local Band no2... Gibson LP Custom in Black going thru a TS-9... into a Marshall Acoustic amp Squealing, Uncontrollable Feedback and Ear Piecring pitches were the nights key words...
I think the worst setup i've ever seen was a marshall valvestate combo on full distortion with a yamaha pacifica 12-string.. nothing wrong with the guitar or the amp, it was just the way they were used was horrendous - distortion + 12 string + high volumes = horrible, throbbing, warbling, harsh nasty dissonance ear-piercing sound that traumatised me for a couple of weeks. The guy also used a squier telecaster custom which sounded a whole lot better when his cable crapped out and he got no sound - he was just a terrible player, in a terrible band. Which is a shame because the other guitarist had some nice '70s gibson SGs, too.

i've seen too many nice setups to remember.. i know one guy had a PRS direct into a cornford amp which sounded lush... but that's all that springs to mind atm really...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Good: Local blues show, the guy was playng a Boss GT-10 into a B-52 AT-112 and I was quite surprised at how good he sounded. Sure didn't seem like choice gear for blues but it worked.

Also, when I went to Summer Slaughter last year, I found that the lead guitarist for Darkest Hour had a pretty good tone. He was running a Washburn Stealth into a 6505 (not sure if plus or not), no idea what pedals he was running. Weird thing is, I am not much of a 6505 fan myself.

Don't really remember any bad or ugly set ups, probably don't go to enough local or low budget shows for that.
Good: Trans Siberian Orchestra two years ago. Everything was backstage or they were using racks, a whole strings section, the stage was set up like this: -_- with the a guitarist and a violinist on each side part, there was a butt load of pyro going on, some platforms that lowered from the ceiling(they were replaced with scissor lifts last year, sadly), and a stage in the center of the stadium that rose up in the air (I was about three rows in front of it, if anyone else saw them on that tour).

Bad: some generic pop punk band that opened for Bon Jovi. The guitarist had some treble boost pedal that made it sound like he put a wah pedal in the foward position and just left it there for every chorus. It sounded terrible.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I don't pay enough attention to anyone else's rigs except my own because to me, as long as it sounds good, I don't care what the label on the device is making the sound...

Good - My current rig running in Full Stack mode at about halfway at most. Jag-Stang/Jaguar/Mustang/Jazzmaster through a pedalboard (Whammy, Super Shifter, Fuzz Factory, Wah, PolyChorus, PH-9 Phaser, FX-75B Stereo Flange, DD400 Digital Delay), into a Bugera 333XL. Very controllable, but loud enough for the biggest places I've played as well. Sometimes I'll hone it down to one cab, or even a single 1X12 depending upon the venue size and the sound I need.

Bad - Straight into a Peavey Special 130, I sounded like I was playing an Attic fan with a squeaky motor. The default distortion on those is horrible no matter what. I tried lowering gain, raising gain, changing the EQ, still sounds like a Box Fan with a blown motor on tne distortion channel - the saving grace was running clean, which was a beautiful clean channel, with 2 digital effects processors (ME6, AX30G). The EFXX Processors had a bad sound too if you overdrove the next processor with the previous one, I spent a LOT of time back then balancing that setup to sound it's best, when it sounded it's best, it freakin screamed.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Last edited by Mad-Mike_J83 at May 26, 2010,
bad: all the friggen line 6 spiders and marshall mg's used around here...makes me sick
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I'll have another go:

Good: Not sure what the amp was, but it was a 2 person instrumental hardcore-ish band from the Albany NY area. Guitarist had a nice pedal board and set up and maintained it really well.

Bad: Friend's band. Used a Peavey hybrid with a multi-effects pedal.

Ugly: Just going to see a rather popular band (Coheed & Cambria) in a club sized venue. I had tinnitus for 2 days, and I still went to see local shows within that :P
Good:

Played a couple gigs with a 3-Piece thrash band. The guitarist had a JCM2000 head, he borrowed my 1960 and coupled with a crybaby and a kelly it sounded awesome.
Simple but just right, it made me want that JCM.

Ugly:

Also played a couple times with this other band... where one of the guitarists had a nasty epiphone LP special or something, a behringer metal stomp box, plugged into the 'insane' channel of a spider II halfstack?! It sounded so dire, gave people head-aches. Like that's not me being snobbish, it was just a stupid setup with a truly horrid sound.
Good: I saw this player at my local jazz festival, he was playing blues with a semi-hollow into a Wizard half-stack, dunno what model, but his was kickass; as good as is playing. I forgot his name unfortunatly, he was a great player.

Bad: Well, the mandatory POD into Spider setup

Ugly: Guitar direct into the PA, I don't even why poeple say the Spider sounds ugly, THIS is ugly, like seriously.
Actually one of the best sounds I ever heard was from a small band playing in a tent in the desert of israel... it was this crazy fretless bass into a fender bassman... sounded AMAZING, never heard anything like that before.
Good: My other guitarist's rig. Ibanez 7-string into a beautiful Orange Rocker 30. Too bad he uses a muff for his distortion instead of the amp's OD, I love the amp's actual drive a lot better.

Bad: The band that's opening for us at our next show. The singer uses a pretty nice guitar, some Epiphone Les Paul model, but he uses a Raven amp last time I checked, maybe he uses a spider now, idk, but for his distortion he uses a Digitech RP something, and also uses it to make his clean tones (always has a chorus on his clean sound) and the distortion sounds fizzy and harsh, EVEN after I tried to take a song they recorded and add a LOT of post-EQ to it. ><

Ugly: I went to see Joe Bonnomassa, and he had a guest guitarist, who had some pretty shitty tone. Sad, as his guitar and amp were both really nice.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I saw a band recently (Will remain nameless), they had 2 guitarists, both had nice guitars (Gibson LP's) but one had a nice tube Marshall with really sweet tone and the lead guitarist must have been playing through an MG or something. His tone was shite, really spoilt the sound of the band.
simple but effective. Saw a friends band play. He used an esp steven carpender 7 string into an ns 2 noise gate into an mxr 108 into a diezel vh4. earth shaking and simple
Good: Handwired 50w Plexi clone into a Carvin 212 w/ V30s, Fender Strat with 57/62 pups.

Bad: A band had several 10 and 15 watt SS practice combos (I remember seeing a Peavey Rage 158) all mic'd up at a gig we played, all the kids were probably in 8th or 9th grade, all played Squiers. 2 guitarists, one bassist.

Ugly: (same gig as above) Spider Valve halfstack and JCM2000 halfstack ran in stereo, but the band (screaming metal trio) had no bassist, so they played a recorded bassline over the PA waaay to quietly, as it was being drowned out by the drummer. And the guitarist had his br00talz tone dialed in on his rig, so all you could hear was drums and some guy screaming. The guy also tuned his guitar with the Spider's onboard tuner mid-set. I laughed.
Good: My setup. Schechter Devil Tribal -> Boss TU-3 Tuner ->70's Dunlop Wah ->Ibanez TS-9 'Screamer-> Boss AC-3 Acoustic Sim -> Boss LS-2 Line select -> Channel A ->Fender Princeton Chorus "Red Knob" Channel B-> Modded Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo->BEE Sonic stomp->Boss NS-2 both in the effects loop. The little fender gives me the best cleans I've ever heard from a SS amp, and of course we all know how a 5150 sounds, I just had a seperate EQ added so I have one for each channel. Now it sounds good no matter which side of it I'm using.

Bad: The other guitarist in my band's setup. He has one good Guitar, an LTD, and then has had a long line of crappy $50 and $75 guitars (he likes to buy cheap crappy guitars so he can smash them at the end of shows) He runs that through some crappy little digitech multi-effects pedal that some of the buttons and the wah pedal are broken on, to a Peavey Vyper with one 10" speaker in it. He has no clue how to run the Vyper, doesn't have the foot controller for it, so he relies on the Digicrap pedal to get "brOOtalz" tone. I messed with it and messed with it trying everything I could. No matter what I did, his rig sounds like shit.

Ugly: A semi-Local band we played a gig with last week. Everybody was playing through primo equipment, The Rhythm player had a high-end B.C. Rich Flying -V, playing it through a Boss GT-10, into a Mrashall JCM200 Half-stack, the other Guy was Playing an Ibanez Through some crazy looking rack-mounted head with a bunch of crazy blinking green lights on it, (no ideawhat it was, but the Rhythm player said that head cost the guy like $2000) a Rack-mount effects processor, and a Rack-mount BBE Sonic Maximizer.

All that really superb gear and their tone was GARBAGE. I didn't know a band could produce the sound of a mudslide. Seriously. All the guitars were tuned to B, The drummer was using triggers on everything, everything was MIC'd and run through the House PA (a very nice system, despite the sound guy's inability to run it properly and refusal to listen to the words "the guitars are too quiet" but that's another story) and there was ZERO definition between notes. They all just ran together. between the Drummer's relentless Ludicrous-speed kickdrums and the low tuning, it was just a muddy mess.
"Because I... is a toneschasers." - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

My Gear:

'03 Schecter S-1 Devil Tribal
Peavey 5150 212 Modded
Fender Princeton Chorus "Red Knob"
Peavey Predator Plus
Ibanez Artwood acoustic
Quote by Mad-Mike_J83
I don't pay enough attention to anyone else's rigs except my own because to me, as long as it sounds good, I don't care what the label on the device is making the sound...

Good - My current rig.

That would contradict what you said in the funny things your friends do thread
Also - Kurt Cobain fan, yeah?

On topic:

Good: Alain Johannes with Them Crooked Vultures at Hammersmith Appolo, London, last year in December. He was playing a Fender Jazzmaster fitted with humbuckers and a strange rare hollow Les Paul, into some Moog pedals, can't remember which ODs, into some old Fender amps. Just sounded absolutly amazing, he done a little solo piece whilst the other guys had a smoke. That guy is just a better player than anyone I've ever seen, emotionally, I'm not into the whole look at me I can play the guitar thing.

Also I saw a band called Thumpermonkey Lives at my local venue, no bassist, both guitarists using Teles, one into a 1x12 orange combo, one into a small Fender combo I think. Sounded brilliant!

Bad: Most bands that describe themselves as something 'core' usually sound awful no matter what gear they're using

Ugly: I recently saw a local band, one of the guitarists was using a vintage tele with Marshall valve half stack (not sure which one) and the other guitarist was playing a Squier Jagmaster into a Vox Valvetronix, the two guitars were just the polar opposite of each other, completly ruined the gig. Also the guitarist with the good gear kept doing that thing were you strum between the nut and the machine heads causing and awful screetching sound everytime he went from the verse to the chorus, lame.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Good - Local band I've only seen once played a show around here...guitarists used a BluesBreaker and a Fender Twin Reverb, guitar straight to amp. Just sounded orgasmic.

Bad - Played a show with a mathcore noise band at a small venue. Guitarist cranked his full stack XXX over everything else. Terrible EQ job and it was out of control.

Ugly - Letting a group of kids borrow our bands Vetta and JCM...their tone and set failed miserably and I facepalmed
Good:
60's Jazzmaster into an original Bassman 50. Oh god oh man oh god oh man. The owner of this sweet rig teaches highschool English. He is my favourite teacher because of his awesome gear.

Bad:
For the most part, I haven't seen any truely bad rigs. If we count soundboard stuff, then Bob Dylan was the worst thing ever. Whoever was doing the mixes must've had a few too many.

Ugly:
Can't say I've ever seen something that left me properly confused. Seeing ZZ Top but not seeing any amps on stage was a little weird. Billy must be hiding his secrets.
Quote by kumamilesbear
Good: My other guitarist's rig. Ibanez 7-string into a beautiful Orange Rocker 30. Too bad he uses a muff for his distortion instead of the amp's OD, I love the amp's actual drive a lot better.

Bad: The band that's opening for us at our next show. The singer uses a pretty nice guitar, some Epiphone Les Paul model, but he uses a Raven amp last time I checked, maybe he uses a spider now, idk, but for his distortion he uses a Digitech RP something, and also uses it to make his clean tones (always has a chorus on his clean sound) and the distortion sounds fizzy and harsh, EVEN after I tried to take a song they recorded and add a LOT of post-EQ to it. ><

Ugly: I went to see Joe Bonnomassa, and he had a guest guitarist, who had some pretty shitty tone. Sad, as his guitar and amp were both really nice.

Oh, so he actually bought that Metal Muff I've been bugging him about for months? Awesome! And as good as that orange is, it does need a bit of boosting for what you guys play.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Good: I hate to say it, but a local band picked up a couple Spider Valve heads and ran them through Mesa Cabs...It sounded AWESOME! ONLY Time I have heard a Line 6 sound that good

Good: JVM 410 with a Boss GT-10 I think...used the amps distortion, and the GT-10 for switching and some effects. Oh yeah, dude was playing a pair of GORGEOUS PRS quilt tops.

Bad: Epiphone SG wih EMGs into some over drive pedal, into a Marshal MG. Poor kid couldn't figure out why he was getting SO much feedback...it was crazy.

Ugly: Figure this one out...Guy has a Mesa Boogie Dual Recto...as a power amp for his chameleon pre-amp. WHY!?!?!?!?!

Ugly: Local bar, small place...maybe room for 100 people WITHOUT the band being there...now room for 50-70. Dude wheels in 2 Marshall full stacks...AND mics one of them! His bass player shows up with no less than 5 6 string basses!!!! Oh yeah, they were an OPENING act! They needed to tear all that $#!T down for the next band LOL!

Bad: Complete opposite of the above ugly. Guy runs his POD X3 live direct into the PA...sounded HORRIBLY thin and weak. could be set up, but man...worst sounding guitar I ever heard live.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at May 27, 2010,
good: Dashboard Confessional. Pretty girls going nuts everywhere. Chris changed guitars every song. They were all awesome! Woah there's a gold top les paul with p90s! Woah there's a thinline tele! Woah there's another Les Paul! Holy crap another les paul! There's a strat!

good: The Hold Steady. On Tv rocking a Epi Valve Halfstack.

also good: Lucero. Epi Sheraton + Fender Twin reverb = crazy delicious

Bad: I try and stay away from this.

Ugly: Any time I walk into Guitar Center and teenagers are there. why are you taking a guitar from that side of the room and walking over to the other side of the room and plugging into a MG. WHHHHHY WHHY WHYYY. THERE'S A SOLDANO RIGHT THERE. AHH YOU JUST WALKED PAST THE HANDWIRED AC15. WHY IS THERE A CONFUSED LOOK ON YOUR FACE WALKING PAST THE DELUXE REVERB. OH GOOD YOU FOUND THE MG. Ya play that epi for your dad. I hope he buys it for you.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Good: Never in person but - Whenever I hear Guthrie Govan. It's made me crave a Cornford amp more than anything.

Bad: I was at a Battle of the Bands recently. The guys who won it, oh lord did they sound terrible (which confused me) the guitarist's tone was muddy, the band's sounds didn't mix at all and the vocalist fellated the mic so that whenever he threw up into the mic (it definitely wasn't any kind of singing, screaming growling, or anything it was awful) my ears bled. It actually really hurt.

Ugly: Another local band, who seem to be getting quite popular which annoys me. Their guitarist has an Epiphone Les Paul into some kind of distortion box, I dunno what it is, but it's fizzy! Then into a Marshall MG stack.
What's bad about the tone isn't the individual items (well the fizz-box might be pretty bad ) as I've heard some nice Epis and I always hear nice tones from MGs when my friend's band comes over from Italy (it seems as he can't bring his own amp over, being an AC30, he's stuck with an MG more than 70% of the time, but he makes it sound amazing).
But these guys...just terrible.
I used to know the drummer quite well and he's actually pretty good, but he cannot play whatever they attempt, his "Metalcore" drum fills sound like the intro to Hawaii 5-0.
Good : Porcupine Tree.

Bad Cat and Marshall tube amps. Sounded absolutely killer!
Some amazing pedals as well!
I have shots of all the equipments on my PC at home.

Bad : Local college gig, my band.
We got a really crappy Laney SS and some cheap chinese guitar amp. And the PA guy SUCKED!
he had no idea what he wwas doing and had the treble at like 9000.
Ick .
I felt like walking off without playing, one minute into soundcheck.
I've noticed most of the 'uglies' are just bad.

I'd say my setup right now qualifies as truly ugly, cept I don't play live.

Crate GX10 FX Out --> EQ--> Sonic Stomp -->Peavey Bandit FX In, with a speaker upgrade. And a busted chair. The busted chair is very important to the t0nez. Otherwise the floor muddies up the bass.

Quit hating on kids for owning Spider 3s and MGs, lets hear some fucked up, convoluted, absurd, haggard gear setups that work, not crappy sound amps sounding crappy.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Good - Funeral for a Friend's tone when they played in Oxford last year, both the guitarists used Bogner Ubers i think; clear and powerful rhythm tones.

Bad - my early gigging rig a cheap Stagg superstrat copy with the muddiest bridge 'bucker ever. Finished off with a gain and tone max DS1 into a cranked Marshall MG30 with the mids and treble cranked.

Ugly - a small club in Southampton someone playing deathcore on a some cheap Ibanez through a Epiphone So-Cal head, no mids, fizzy gain, over-trebly and with random burst of phaser-drenched leads. Thank God one of his poweramp valves blew.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Page 1 of 3