Page 1 of 2
http://www.wtoc.com/global/story.asp?s=12529625

Happened this past Friday.

I do know this kid personally, I've been in school with him since Elementary school and he lives down the street from me.

So basically, news article says it all, but I'll give a brief run down for people who might not be able to click the link:

WILMINGTON ISLAND, GA (WTOC) - A Wilmington Island family is upset, after they say four Tybee Island Police officers beat their autistic son.

A broken tooth, scrapes and bruises and two puncture marks from Tasers are the only reminders Clifford Grevemberg has of his visit to Tybee Island Friday night.

Thoughts?
Fuck tha police.

Seriously though, it seems like someone sent around a memo to police stations everywhere that said "lets be dickheads now" or something. There have been a lot of incidents with police in Oregon recently too.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Tybee island sucks. I went there once and hated it......seriously.

Okay, now on topic......that's sad. Wait a minute. Why did they need his ID? I'm a bit confused?

EDIT: Oh wow. They couldn't even tell his family why he was arrested? Shit like this really pisses me off.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at May 25, 2010,
Holy hell... I'm autistic myself and the only run-in I ever had with the cops was when I was carrying an old microwave I found in the trash back to my house (they mistook me for a burglar). I was honest and cooperative with them, and they let me off without a hitch. (Can't believe it's been almost a year since it happened, feels like yesterday).

I bet you anything his family is going to sue the shit out of the department.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Wow. Police are now fail.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
That's some fukcing bullshit right there. I don't see how this is any different than a gang of people randomly jumping an innocent civilian. They should have more repercussions than just losing their jobs.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Autistic or not, the cops weren't right. HOWEVER, If they were asking for ID, I don't understand why the kid couldn't show it to them or possibly explain why he doesn't have one. I think if this were to happen to anyone though, autistic or not, the cops shouldn't have beaten him.
Quote by JayT44
That's some fukcing bullshit right there. I don't see how this is any different than a gang of people randomly jumping an innocent civilian. They should have more repercussions than just losing their jobs.

Technically, they committed a felony. However the US has a ****ed up system where losing there jobs = jail time, in the case of cops acting out of character.

Quote by TurboJaw
Autistic or not, the cops weren't right. HOWEVER, If they were asking for ID, I don't understand why the kid couldn't show it to them or possibly explain why he doesn't have one. I think if this were to happen to anyone though, autistic or not, the cops shouldn't have beaten him.

If he didn't give one, and then tried to escape, they have reason to physically force him down (professionally, of course). But the way the story was told, he didn't do anything. At most, if they were suspicious of him, they would've cuffed him. Not brutally beat and then cuff him. Douche bags.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

Last edited by gatechballer at May 25, 2010,
His being 'autistic' shouldn't matter. In the US, no one is legally obligated to show a cop his/her license, and sitting on the curb doesn't provide a sliver of probable cause. Loitering, maybe, but that's a misdemeanor.

Hmmph. I used to live in Brunswick, about two hours from Savannah. One of the local cops kept after me for a week and a half because I was speeding (I was wrong there, I admit) but I didn't let him search my car. Fortunately, I talked to someone at the station and the last thing I heard was that he was on 'indefinite administrative leave'.

I remember seeing a vid on YouTube where a SWAT team busted down someone's door, shot their two dogs, and then arrested them on suspicion that he was a 'major drug dealer'. It turned out that he had a small bag of pot or something.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by The Buttmonkey
Where's Tybee Island?

I live in GA, foo.

Just off the coast of the GA/SC border. It's a iece of shit. Don't go there lol.
Quote by sadSTATUE

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

Quote by Snake™
Wow. Police are now fail.

Where have you been?

Police are always fail.

I got arrested the other day for speeding. But he let me out of his car after 20 minutes of yelling at me about responsibility and respect...

It was a highway patrol man and he was a complete dick. I wasn't even ****ing speeding. My court date is June 3rd and I'm pleading not guilty.

Cops are out of line. The majority of them are power hungry assholes.
I have met numerous local police and only maybe 2 of them were in any way decent human beings. The rest were arrogant stuck up pricks.

Anyways, back OT, I really hope those cops lose their jobs and are ****ing exiled.
The cops that did this need to be fired, then they need to go off and fucking die.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I always tell myself that there are good cops out there who do good work, but the more I see these articles and the more time I spend around cops, the harder it is to convince myself it's true. There are good cops, but there seems to be so much bullshit happening lately.
Quote by Primus2112
The cops that did this need to be fired, then they need to go off to prison.

Fixed. I imagine the average felon would appreciate some alone-time with a crooked cop.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Fixed. I imagine the average felon would appreciate some alone-time with a crooked cop.

Then they fucking die?

Either way, I want them to fucking die.

Emphasis on the fucking.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Colgate Total
Hello, lawsuit.

Quote by metaldud536
Bastards.

Quote by YesterdaysToday
Thats ****ed up. Assholes.

Quote by Ippon
Those types of people will burn in hell. Fuck those power-hungry fucks!

Quote by Primus2112
...Either way, I want them to fucking die.

Emphasis on the fucking.

Pretty much what I think about that happening.

Also, I can't believe how can people be so ****ing cruel!! .

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
I have Asperger's Syndrome, and life is tough enough as an autistic person, without the polis treating oneself like this.

It's disgusting, the polis in question should be beaten and tasered.
It's weird, I always hear all these stories about cops harassing and beating innocent people, but every cop I've met has been very nice. I've been pulled over past my driving curfew, with an illegal passenger in the car, and after running a stop sign and the cop let me off with a warning. I've had another cop help push my friend's car when it broke down. Maybe it's just the cops around here, but I've never met a mean cop.

EDIT: This story is disgusting though. If this is all true, those cops are pathetic gang members with badges.
Quote by mental_zer0
I always tell myself that there are good cops out there who do good work, but the more I see these articles and the more time I spend around cops, the harder it is to convince myself it's true. There are good cops, but there seems to be so much bullshit happening lately.

It's a well known fact there are only two good cops in the world

..And they're Danny Glover & Mel Gibson.

These stories always make me sad.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
There have been several incidents in Australia recently that make this thread topic seem like nothing.
Aw strewth, mate! What the hell's wrong with these turkeys???! ****in' disgusting, aye?
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
God I hate this country. Fucking police are dicks, politicians are dicks, citizens are dicks, e'ry one's a dick!

Wtf, America?

God, we're just a bunch of morons who love to look like tough assholes...

Edit: ^Fuck you stop posting above me!!!!
Quote by MightyAri
There have been several incidents in Australia recently that make this thread topic seem like nothing.

There was a special needs kid who was a few years below me when I was in high school; the poor kid is such a nice guy, he just wants to be everyone's friend. I saw in the local paper a couple of weeks ago he had been beaten up and robbed of his bus money when he was on the way to the shops to buy new socks. His mother said that the event robbed him of his independence because he is now too scared to leave the house. People sicken me.

Quote by Scumbag1792
It's things like this that remind me of a joke I heard once.

"My cousin is a policeman, he says every day he regrets not being a fireman. Why? Every time there's an incident, the firemen show up and everyone's happy, cheering, they get a hero's welcome. THen the police arrive and are greeted with 'what do you want?'"

And shit like this is why. I have to agree with his brother, regardless of anything, four cops and a taser is sick overkill on an lithe, unarmed teenager. There are some good cops, but this kind of stuff has just been happening too much lately.

Quote by Aeolian Harmony

I endorse this suggestion. I think we'd all enjoy watching that security footage.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by captaincrunk
This reminds me of a thread I made about a year ago.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995421&highlight=i+am+going+to+jail+captaincrunk

It's closed now. That was some bad business

God, I remember that. What ended up happening? Didn't the girl skip town or something?

Quote by Scumbag1792
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
God, I remember that. What ended up happening? Didn't the girl skip town or something?

He did instead, apparently he had a warrant. They didn't even run any checks. Police generally don't seem sympathetic to my brother, because he isn't nice to them (mostly because they've tasered him).
Quote by captaincrunk
He did instead, apparently he had a warrant. They didn't even run any checks. Police generally don't seem sympathetic to my brother, because he isn't nice to them (mostly because they've tasered him).

Quote by Scumbag1792
What's autism?
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I did get the chance to talk him down a few times before he left in front of his landlord and stuff. Just called him trash and stuff. I wasn't going to do anything that would get my brother evicted from the apartment.
Quote by Chylyn
What's autism?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
Quote by captaincrunk
I did get the chance to talk him down a few times before he left in front of his landlord and stuff. Just called him trash and stuff. I wasn't going to do anything that would get my brother evicted from the apartment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

One of my best friends has Aspergers, a mild form of autism (you probably know this but others may not). I've had to stick up for that kid since I first met him. He's really a great guy, very talented artist as well, but the dude just fails at social interactions. I get a lot of shit for defending him. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have an autistic sibling. I hope you two are doing well

Edit: I also would like to apologize if I've ever made any retard jokes that've offended you. I hate doing that when I don't know better...
Last edited by halo43 at May 26, 2010,
Page 1 of 2