Hey guys,

I have a question regarding noise coming from my gear. Right now I'm playing with a Fender Blues Junior, Fender Japan ST57, and a Monster Rock Cable. There's considerable noise coming from the amp. Some on here say that it's normal due to the single coil pickups of the strat, but I've played guitars/amps at my local guitar center and it's very quiet compared to my setup. The only possible problem I notice is that the jack on my guitar is a little loose. Other than that, I'm stumped. Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
areyou playing close to your computer?
that causes alot of noise even with humbuckers
It is impossible to diagnose noise problems like this over the internut normally.If there is a crappy solder joint get it fixed as it can cause problems. Yes single coil pickups will produce hiss,especially at higher volume levels. Make sure that the electrical outlet is properly grounded. Check the guitar to see if the cavities and pick guard(if any)are shielded if they they are not then do it.I do not recall if you are using any peddles.If so they add noise of their own.Remember that musical equipment will pick up noise from electronics in the room or even your entire home. Florescent lights and computers even a microwave oven can cause problems.Good luck.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
THanks for the input guys. I took all of the factors mentioned into consideration. That's why I'm so perplexed when I was playing in the Guitar Center - they have stacks and stacks and stacks of electronics, but yet absolutely no hissing at all!

Sorry if this sounds very newby but, how does one ground an electrical outlet?