Hello guys! im new here!

I have Ibanez RG2EX and im looking to switching the pickups, ive been thinking about Dimarzio X2N but since i dont know the technical stuff about guitars i thought id as you guys, can my guitar even handle that kind of pick ups? Here is the link to the guitar http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-...115-i1167867.gc

Please tell me if i should stick with those and have the replaced or what pickups i should go for, i have about $100 to spend
Thanks!
no reason you guitar couldn't "handle" it
I've herd that the X2N has quite the propensity to get a really muddy tone though
If you're looking for a good high gain tone then I'd suggest looking into the D Activator or D Sonic
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at May 25, 2010,
Oooo i see does the wood have anything to do with the way this pick up would sound in my guitar? because i read somewhere that they are really hot and they can make a trebley sound with a basswood body
if you try to put those pickups in your guitar it and you will fail.. forever
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
What amp are you using.

Regardless the X2N is a pretty crappy pickup, even Dimarzio themselves think it's a bit of a joke.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by justinb904
no reason you guitar couldn't "handle" it
I've herd that the X2N has quite the propensity to get a really muddy tone though
If you're looking for a good high gain tone then I'd suggest looking into the D Activator or D Sonic

Actually the X2N has got good clarity. Only issue is... clarity is its only strong point. The voicing of the X2N will basically drown out your tonewood.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I just have a Roland Micro Cube for now but im planing on buying a Half Stack around christmas time, so if not x2n, what would you guys suggest that is around $75 and is passive? or if would be going from passive to active how much would it cost to do so?
Quote by punk32111
I just have a Roland Micro Cube for now but im planing on buying a Half Stack around christmas time, so if not x2n, what would you guys suggest that is around $75 and is passive? or if would be going from passive to active how much would it cost to do so?

Well if you want to go active you'll likely have to change all the pickups in the guitar to active (Mixing active and passive circuitry is difficult)

EDIT: What kind of music do you play? That will help us with advising you on a pickup.

And if you're considering buying a half stack later, please come back here and make a thread so you don't end up with something you'll regret later
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jun 8, 2010,
Im mostly into playing metal, so im looking for something that will sound really heavy, and i know that my best bet would be 81/85s but i dont have enough money to buy them and i just dont think it would be worth all of the work in this guitar since its a little cheap, but i would be even fine with just the bridge pickup for now because im not every good yet so i dont solo or anything