This is a WAY edited re-post of a question I got way too wordy and pretentious with.

I need a distortion pedal to drive a Vox AC4TV. I already have a DS-1 I'll be tinkering with for a while (Keeley, Melanheads, Fat mods), and plan on getting a BYOC OD2 to cover the rest of my tubescreamer needs (switchable between most of the common variations).

I am definately building a boost pedal to work with the amp distortion as well. Leaning towards an EHX LPB-1 clone, and will probably try and Alembix StratoBlaster or Dallas Rangemaster clone.

What pedals (kits preferred, or common pedals with kit options) would you recommend to supplement a (couple) of tubescreamer style distortions and amp/amp+boost distortion.

Options I'm considering (other ideas welcome):

MXR Distortion+/DOD 250/Ross - can be covered in one kit, pretty mild distortion, may go well in front of the amp but I haven't come across an impressive sample.

ProCo RAT Style - BYOC Mouse and GGG Rodent look cool. The BYOC looks like it should cover every variation imaginable.

GGG WHRL (Way Huge Red Llama) - Looks like a cool mix of distortion and fuzz.

Boost pedal - stick with a DS-1 and a boost pedal (planning on building an LBP-1 clone regardless) and use the amp distortion.

I'm looking to spend less than $100, planning on getting an additional fuzz pedal or two, so I don't want to overlap with my DS-1 mod (tubescreamer style) or fuzz pedals.

This is for live use, and I usually only use one distortion per song, so if I need to twiddle some knobs to get different sounds that is totally fine.

First Try (WARNING: wordy and lame):
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1317803

If you have any further questions and some time on your hands click the link and you'll get my full setup, ideas, band I'm playing with, etc, etc etc, ad nauseum.
Last edited by Neural_Blaze at May 26, 2010,