My band is looking for a new (or used) PA system that we can bring to shows that don't supply them or that e need our own at. We're trying to find a good one, anywhere from 500-200 Watts (500 is the minimum, we'd like something preferable closer to 1000 ideally.) and we have about $1,000 to spend (or more, depending). (I realize this may be a tall order).

We want to throw mainly just vocals through it, but occasionally an acoustic or two with soundhold pickups also. Any suggesions? Like I said, we're willing to buy used, but if anyone in general can show us some good PA's/brands/deals we'd greatly appreciate it.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
i got a friend with a peavey, can tell you the model, but its a nice PA and im sure he got it for less that $500. ill let u know what it is this weekend.
Have you checked your local craigslist? Mine seems to be flooded with PA gear most of the time.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by bbetances
i got a friend with a peavey, can tell you the model, but its a nice PA and im sure he got it for less that $500. ill let u know what it is this weekend.

Thanks! I'll be waiting!

Quote by souperman08
Have you checked your local craigslist? Mine seems to be flooded with PA gear most of the time.

It's funny, because mine was until we decided we wanted/needed to buy a PA. But even though we keep checking we're all still in the dark for what brands are good, what models are good, and pretty much what to look for in one. That's what we really need help with.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
Quote by bbetances

That's just a speaker, we need the full PA =[ Thanks though