NGD second one in like a week! So I was talking to my friend about how I play guitar and she was trying to get rid of hers! So she decided to give it to me, I said I can't just take it, so I'm gonna buy her lunch to thank her. Anyways... The Result?
A J. Reynolds (who?) cheap strat copy. My intent was to just hang it up or something, put it in the corner just to look cool I decided to play it and it left me speechless

Review- The cheapest guitar I've ever seen! haha I don't even think the body is made of wood. I think it's just plastic because it's suspiciously light. The strings are rusted and the frets feel like sandpaper when you bend. The tuners seem to hold up ok. The pickups look extremely cheap. and the wood on the fretboard could be scratched off haha the whammy bar rests only like an inch off the body? Never seen that before. It plays alright and doesn't sound as bad as it looks. However I don't know how this J Reynolds (once again who?) sleeps at night after calling this a guitar. Basically its a pretty bad guitar but it looks kinda neat and who turns down a free guitar? Not me! Thanks Kara ahaha I love it

By the way she also gave me a RMS practice amp which is alright I guess. I didn't have a practice amp so it's nice. I did think it said pms at first though

My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at May 26, 2010,
At least you now have a stage-smashable guitar in case you ever need one, lol. Happy NGD! (I guess)
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
wow pretty good review actually never heard of J.Reynolds tho haha i had a fender copy called a starmaker that i recieved off a m8 and it was baby blue and was similar to the description u gave in your review xD i think small companies or people who own small buisness make these to make sme spare cash on the side eitherway there great to smash up at a gig xD
Gibson Flying V (1984 Reissue)
Jackson Kelly JS32T
B.C.Rich Warlock "Bronze Series"
Dean "79 series Z"
Marshall MG15X 20 watt
Digitech Death Metal Effects Pedal

Going over the top like a M1A1 tank with a sunroof xD

Review- The cheapest guitar I've ever seen! haha I don't even think the body is made of wood.QUOTE]

This is LOL
Looks a lot like a starter pack guitar to me
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
Quote by colt34

Review- The cheapest guitar I've ever seen! haha I don't even think the body is made of wood.QUOTE]

This is LOL

I had one of those guitars, it's light, but still not as light as..........

Remember the Rok Axe Guitars Wal-Mart sold before they started selling First Act, now THAT is a funny cheap guitar.

I had a rhythm guitarist who owned one, and I took the pickguard off to do some electronics work, and I'm not lying but the body looked like under the paint there was some greenish tint, and what looked like WHITE foam polymer (read STYROFOAM) under there.

Come to think of it, J.Reynolds did have some traits similar to the Rok Axe, similar thick neck, so maybe they indeed are the same guitar with a different headstock.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Guitars like that are great for learning repair techniques. Take it apart completely. I mean down to the last screw! Remove all the electronics down to the last component. Be sure to keep track of all the parts. I use zip lock bags for small parts. Now slowly reassemble the guitar making improvements where you can. Smooth out the sharp fret edges, maybe a custom paintjob,refinish the neck, smooth out the nut grooves, rewire the pickguard, etc. Anything you think you are capable of doing and especially the stuff you think you can't do! You'll be shocked at how much you can learn from that otherwise useless free guitar! What's the worst that can happen? You'll ruin a free guitar that's probably a wallhanger anyway? Oh, and take lots of photos of things that go right and wrong so you can post them here for everyone else to learn from...
ah i had a J. Reynolds guitar before it was clear-coat red finish, so they did use wood, however the neck and tuners were horrible, i'd tune it, and 3 chords later it would be half step out of tune, i sold it and got an ibanez, so now i'm happy....but if i could get it free 'd take it and make a wall decoration or something
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
Quote by deluthe
Guitars like that are great for learning repair techniques. Take it apart completely. I mean down to the last screw! Remove all the electronics down to the last component. Be sure to keep track of all the parts. I use zip lock bags for small parts. Now slowly reassemble the guitar making improvements where you can. Smooth out the sharp fret edges, maybe a custom paintjob,refinish the neck, smooth out the nut grooves, rewire the pickguard, etc. Anything you think you are capable of doing and especially the stuff you think you can't do! You'll be shocked at how much you can learn from that otherwise useless free guitar! What's the worst that can happen? You'll ruin a free guitar that's probably a wallhanger anyway? Oh, and take lots of photos of things that go right and wrong so you can post them here for everyone else to learn from...

You could do this... But I opt for completely smashing the thing.

Still try and make a lot of pics though...
a friend of mine started on a J. Reynold jazz bass copy and no one else has heard of it...they're just one of those no name starter brands that you just run into at a music store...but you cant go wrong with free stuff no matter how crappy it is!
Quote by deluthe

taking it apart sounds like a great idea! I was only gonna hang it up anyways. If I gave it a cool paint job that'd be awesome! How do you do that?
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp