So i've played on an ibanez grg 170dx for a while and looking to upgrade to something better, was wondering how something like a jackson wrmg/wrxt compares against it (like necks and such, also how they compare against each other, is the mg worth 100£ more than the xt?)

And also, what's a decent amp to get?

Bands I cover: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Iron Maiden, Trivium, AC/DC, Children of Bodom, and any decent metal songs I can find good tab for. 50-75 watt is prolly the limit, price around 250-400£

I asked my mates and they all say its between peavy or line 6, but each "group" say the other is shit and too get theirs (peavy say line 6 sound shit so get peavy, line 6 say peavy breaks dwon a lot so get line 6, etc) so looking for some clarity on that if its a case of peavy vs line 6.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
Stay away from the Line 6 Spider. Please.

Go to either the Vyper or a Roland Cube.

That's of course if you want a modelling amp. I'm sure there's other things that could suit you without being a modelling amp. Maybe even move into tube amps?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Stay away from the Line 6 Spider. Please.

Go to either the Vyper or a Roland Cube.

That's of course if you want a modelling amp. I'm sure there's other things that could suit you without being a modelling amp. Maybe even move into tube amps?

The differance between a moddeling and tube amp? isnt a tube amp quieter and more expensive but higher quality?

or something like nhtat?
Quote by Guitar Sushi
Tubes are way louder....

Get a Peavey Vypyr with tubes... the best of both worlds.. trust me

like this?