Page 1 of 3
Just wondering why everyone hates trivium?

Vocals, Lyrics, Musically?

I think theyre a great band in all 3, the vocals rock, the music behind it rocks, and the lyrics rock, yet most people cannot stomach them, and hide behind the same excuse "theyre not metal".

Im afraid theyre more metal then this load of shit....
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
The difference is that Bieber doesn't claim to be metal, while Trivium does.

For me, its not the band, more of the fans...hard to listen to the same band that a bunch of emo chicks drool about.
lol idk why either... I like trivium but I think their heavier songs suck
Also they are pretty bad live :S

But I think their main songs like Dying in Your arms and Like light to the flies are awesome.
I also like the newest album, kirisute gomen is awesome so is the rising but the lyrics suck
What is this so called..... Signature?
Should check out the hardcore forum mate.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by Xplozive
Should check out the hardcore forum mate.

trivium are not hardcore...

Quote by DeadSoloist
lol idk why either... I like trivium but I think their heavier songs suck
Also they are pretty bad live :S

But I think their main songs like Dying in Your arms and Like light to the flies are awesome.
I also like the newest album, kirisute gomen is awesome so is the rising but the lyrics suck

>also they are pretty bad live :S

Lol, sadly i've seen them live and it was the best show i've been too.
Last edited by DarXyde at May 26, 2010,
Quote by DarXyde

KK.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by DarXyde

Im afraid theyre more metal then this load of shit....

That's not a very hard feat to accomplish
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by DarXyde

True, however, due to trafficking issues this website puts them (and many other metalcore bands) in their so the metal forum isn't clogged up.

It's all in the stickes at the top of the forum that you obviously chose not to read.

Edit: Trivium are godawful live, I've seen them 4 times and they've never been better than mediocre.
Quote by Deplorable
True, however, due to trafficking issues this website puts them (and many other metalcore bands) in their so the metal forum isn't clogged up.

It's all in the stickes at the top of the forum that you obviously chose not to read.

Edit: Trivium are godawful live, I've seen them 4 times and they've never been better than mediocre.

Metalcore is not hardcore.

That's like saying the rock n roll is blues. Just ebcause it incorporates elements, the overiding element is still metal (or rock in the rock n roll example).

When was the last time you saw them then?
When fans say:
Quote by DarXyde

the music behind it rocks,

It's not metal, sorry.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

hahahhahahahah fumb_duck man you just made my day!!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHA
here you go free of charge
What is this so called..... Signature?
Quote by DarXyde
Metalcore is not hardcore.

That's like saying the rock n roll is blues. Just ebcause it incorporates elements, the overiding element is still metal (or rock in the rock n roll example).

When was the last time you saw them then?

Dude, I never said metalcore was hardcore, I was just saying this site puts metalcore in the hardcore forum to reduce the huge amount of threads in here that would pop up otherwise.

saw them December last year.

Also, fumb duck get that picture in avatar size and use it!
Last edited by Deplorable at May 26, 2010,
Quote by DeadSoloist
hahahhahahahah fumb_duck man you just made my day!!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHA
here you go free of charge

SHIT BALLS! it's me
Quote by PwarDuex

Hardcore forum, for traffic reasons. End of.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by The Shroom420

For me, its not the band, more of the fans...hard to listen to the same band that a bunch of emo chicks drool about.

Yeah, here's your answer, simply put.
Quote by DarXyde
id like to point out, this is hardcore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM3TBOKulcQ

This is metalcore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjP3jFrmcqQ

Where the main riff is ripped from a melodeath, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0U77bm9mc

When i read a list of matt heafys fave albums, i saw a lot of thrash and melodeath, not much hardcore though.

You don't seem to be listening, this forum puts metalcore in the hardcore forum because the metal forum would be way to busy otherwise, is your brain to small to comprehend this? its been said 3 times now...
Quote by Guitar Sushi
I just hate Matt Heafy, he talks like suck a fag and completely overuses the word "f**k"

Watch a video of Machine Head live and count the ****ings
Quote by PwarDuex

Trivium = Metalcore

Metalcore ≠ Hardcore

Metalcore goes in hardcore forum anyway

These are the rules

EDIT: You shouldn't think this necessary but apparently it is:

Hardstyle ≠ Hardcore
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Last edited by Senor Kristian at May 26, 2010,
Quote by Deplorable
this forum puts metalcore in the hardcore forum because the metal forum would be way to busy otherwise,

And because fans of real metal can't stand metalcore fans.
Quote by Echoplex
And because fans of real metal can't stand metalcore fans.

So im guessing because i like trivium, im not counted as a fan of real metal?

Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Slayer, (early) Metallica, Megadeth, Annilhator, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Wolfchant, Cannibal Corpse, Firewind, Charred Walls of the Damned, Death, Tyr, Kataklysm, Nile, Trigger The Bloodshed, Necrophagist, Brain Drill, Beneath The Massacre, AC/DC (not exactly metal but still rock), Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Korpiklaani etc are all not real metal just because I like ONE "metalcore" band?
I've came to the conclusion that as not all nu-metal is non-metal (or vice versa), same goes for metalcore as it is influenced by both metal and hardcore, whichever of the influenced genres is more prominent in the sound determines whether it is metal or hardcore.
And for you "n00bz" metalcore is placed in the hardcore forum because it is more widely appreciated by hardcore fans. Bringing metalcore into the metal forum would lead to over trafficking (though this has already been stated).

Please excuse my Dylar language, I'm practicing for my upcoming English Exam.
Quote by PwarDuex

^^What if I said "yes"?
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Last edited by Senor Kristian at May 26, 2010,
Quote by DarXyde
So im guessing because i like trivium, im not counted as a fan of real metal?

Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Slayer, (early) Metallica, Megadeth, Annilhator, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Wolfchant, Cannibal Corpse, Firewind, Charred Walls of the Damned, Death, Tyr, Kataklysm, Nile, Trigger The Bloodshed, Necrophagist, Brain Drill, Beneath The Massacre, AC/DC (not exactly metal but still rock), Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Korpiklaani etc are all not real metal just because I like ONE "metalcore" band?

This post is astonishingly boring

It does not matter why anyone hates Trivium, they are put into the Hardcore forum so I recommend you delete this thread and take it there if you're that bothered.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Senor Kristian
^^What if I said "yes"?

Quote by PwarDuex

Quote by fumb duck
And for you "n00bz" metalcore is placed in the hardcore forum because it is more widely appreciated by hardcore fans.

**** no, the hardcore regs hate it as much as the metal regs.
Quote by Deplorable
**** no, the hardcore regs hate it as much as the metal regs.

I wasn't aware that there were trve hardcore fans, i must investigate this.
Quote by PwarDuex

Ha ha! It's like a kid waiting too long before finding a lab partner, so he has to work with the slow kid in the class.
He doesn't want to work with this kid, but what are you going to do? Teacher says that's how it is...
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by Senor Kristian
Ha ha! It's like a kid waiting too long before finding a lab partner, so he has to work with the slow kid in the class.
He doesn't want to work with this kid, but what are you going to do? Teacher says that's how it is...

I like this analogy.
hey twatty Trivium haters .....

read my sig :P
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by Butt Rayge

I love this thread. This should be stickied.

Stop drifting off-topic we're trying to discuss Trivium here. ****!
Quote by PwarDuex

I don't think anyone here actually mentioned they hate Trivium.

I, for one, actually like Shogun.
Page 1 of 3