I hate this so. fucking. MUCH.
Does anyone else get really angry when somebody just walks away from an argument, without trying to resolve anything?

I mean, I know that more often than not, some space and time is required to resolve arguments, but that is no excuse for just walking away (most likely because they've run out of arguments).

Thoughts?
One of my exes did that. Just running away from every disagreement we had. I think that's one of the main reasons we split.
Quote by Våd Hamster
One of my exes did that. Just running away from every disagreement we had. I think that's one of the main reasons we split.

I dunno, it also seems that mainly women do this.
dude I hate you and you suck

*walks away*

but I'll leave you with this smoking monkey
What is this so called..... Signature?
Psh...

*walks away*

Yeah, I hate that too. "I'm right, you're wrong, DEAL WITH IT!!!" and the walk of moronic-ness commences.

Btw, is this in any way inspired by any of the hundred of threads you and I've been part of in the last few hours? I have a feeling that it is so
Quote by CoreysMonster

Women are less confrontational?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
If the person i'm arguing with has no reasoning behind their argument, or is just taking it way too far, then i'll walk away yeh.

On the other hand, if they pull out a fist, gun, knife, or petrol bomb, i'll start running away.
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Quote by CoreysMonster
So you're saying it's in their nature?

Not necessarily. Some people are less confrontational than others, whether it's natural or nurtured. I think that makes people more likely to walk away from an argument.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
i do this alot actually, but over the phone, but its always with the same person, and its either just hang up, or pointlessly argue about something that she refuses to even listen to other views on the situation. so when its someone thats just plain ignorant, the walking option looks pretty good.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by Meths
Not necessarily. Some people are less confrontational than others, whether it's natural or nurtured. I think that makes people more likely to walk away from an argument.

That's a good point, but I think it also has to do with who is arguing about what, who is the agressor and who the defendant, because I've seen many people who are EXCESSIVELY confrontational when being the agressor, yet very quickly run away when they are at the receiving end of the complaint.
Quote by CoreysMonster

My boyfriend does it when we fight. What does that say about him

The only time I would ever do this is when a customer was swearing in my face at work. And that's only because the back of house in the shop was code-activated and they didn't know the code, and cos it's so fucking annoying and I couldn't swear back at them, so they deserved it.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Well I don't remember seeing a guy run from an argument, but I've also seen women go ''DON'T YOU FUCKING WALK AWAY WHILE I'M TALKING TO YOU' as well

Actually, only time I've seen it was with the girls in her family, so I'd imagine it's something conditioned by their family.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at May 26, 2010,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
My boyfriend does it when we fight. What does that say about him

The only time I would ever do this is when a customer was swearing in my face at work. And that's only because the back of house in the shop was code-activated and they didn't know the code, and cos it's so fucking annoying and I couldn't swear back at them, so they deserved it.

oh god, I know what you mean. I hate customers like that.

That, I would also walk away from.
Sometimes I walk away if its REALLY heated. I just seem to snap and say things that I regret.

Its the best way for me to avoid annoying people, I guess.

Otherwise, I don't back down cus I'm an argumentative prick
RIP Tom Searle.
All it shows is that they really don't care about it. Either that or they know they are wrong. but in some cases i think it shows the stronger person because they don't mind having their ego damaged for "losing". your hate is childish.
Quote by tim_mop
All it shows is that they really don't care about it. Either that or they know they are wrong. but in some cases i think it shows the stronger person because they don't mind having their ego damaged for "losing". your hate is childish.

your hate of my hate is pretentious.
wanting to resolve problems through discussion is in no way childish.
Quote by tim_mop

that was childish
Quote by adambauman31
depends if its a discussion or a yelling match.

discussion.

Yelling is pointless.
I couldn't care less. If someone doesn't want the confrontation to escalate then this is the best thing to do
hello
Depends on the argument. If someone is going to be stubborn and stick to what they think despite of you using logic or evidence then why should you waste your time.
Quote by Novacane...
But nothing is ever resolved so walking away is always logical and beneficial.

But staying and arguing more could make things even worse. By that logic, walking away can be more useful.

Touche?
RIP Tom Searle.
I've started arguments and walked away before. Shit's funny.

Especially when you know that someone else will take your place and carry it on without anyone realising you've left.

manipulating certain people is easy.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I walk away form a lot of arguments

It's always the same person snapping over the smallest things.

If I lean back on my chair I'll get "See?! Look how you sit! You're the stupidest, laziest person I've ever met!" dragged on for minutes.

Or I lean against a wall or kitchen bench or something and almost immediately I'll get "Wow! I'm not surprised, leaning on something again! You're so lazy! Seriously...Can you not go 5 seconds without leaning on something?! You're always leaning on something!"

Always petty "arguments" starting over small things. I just walk away because the second I start to reason they just go on about how I think I'm "so old" and "so smart" etc.

If the other person won't even consider or try to comprehend what I'm saying, why shouldn't I walk away?!
I do it if it appears the only way to get my point across is to beat it into them.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I do it if it appears the only way to get my point across is to beat it into them.

with a beating stick
Quote by Kämpfer
I walk away form a lot of arguments

It's always the same person snapping over the smallest things.

If I lean back on my chair I'll get "See?! Look how you sit! You're the stupidest, laziest person I've ever met!" dragged on for minutes.

Or I lean against a wall or kitchen bench or something and almost immediately I'll get "Wow! I'm not surprised, leaning on something again! You're so lazy! Seriously...Can you not go 5 seconds without leaning on something?! You're always leaning on something!"

Always petty "arguments" starting over small things. I just walk away because the second I start to reason they just go on about how I think I'm "so old" and "so smart" etc.

If the other person won't even consider or try to comprehend what I'm saying, why shouldn't I walk away?!

That's not an argument, just them being a dick.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Reminds me of Geert Wilders, a popular Dutch politician who is right wing and can only say: 'Hurr durr, Islam is bad, they're the reason of everything bad, such as the economic crisis.'

And once he is losing an argument, he will walk away. Although he is pretty good at debating, I really dislike his ideas, and think they are wrong.

Quote by Kämpfer

Yep, you can't exactly win an argument without arguing back.
Because if you can't say anything, it isn't an argument, it's just them bitching

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by CoreysMonster
your hate of my hate is pretentious.
wanting to resolve problems through discussion is in no way childish.

Walking away from discussion: silly
Walking away from fiery argument: i agree.

I disagree completely with just walking away from a discussion, but if things get hostile then yeah, why not walk away?
It means they've run out of arguments and have accepted defeat, but don't want to admit it.

I guess in some situations it's better to walk away than counter the opponent's statement with something like "Yeah, well...your mom's gay for horseshoes"

It is annoying and impolite, but are you really gonna argue with them over the fact that they've decided to stop arguing?