Aight so yesterday on my way home from school i was being negligent and rolled down the window without looking at the road. So i sideswiped another car and pulled over to turn around. I drove back up to the school to exchange info but i couldnt find another car in the parking lot with damage or anybody looking around at their car. So i panicked and just went home. Now im flipping my shit over if this person reports a hit and run and if the police can catch me based on cameras of me leaving in the school parking lot.
What should i do here? Do i report the accident myself or just leave it alone? Because i lied to my parents about the damage and am now paranoid as ****.
They should've caught you going back and looking if they caught you sideswiping them.

inb4 mirror thread
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
If you pissed in your shoes, you probably did something bad.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It's probably best to report the accident yourself so then the cops won't think you did a hit and run, better to be safe than sorry.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Try telling the police and if anything comes up, they'll know that it wasn't hit and run.
That way at least you look like the mature guy and you can just pay the damages without any big court case
What is this so called..... Signature?
If you don't know who you hit, then there's not much you can do

Just be co-operative if someone does look you up.
Quote by Trowzaa
It's probably best to report the accident yourself so then the cops won't think you did a hit and run, better to be safe than sorry.

What this guy said. Better tell them your side first, than look like a hit and tun scumbag.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by DeadSoloist
Try telling the police and if anything comes up, they'll know that it wasn't hit and run.
That way at least you look like the mature guy and you can just pay the damages without any big court case

Yea but even if i tell the police i wouldnt know what to say.
"I hit a small sedan like car around xx but i dont have any info on the color/model/plate #."
If there is damage done to another car, they will find you based on the video footage. You can't lose anything by reporting it yourself. If no one comes forward then you won't need to pay any damages, if someone does then you'll only need to pay the amount of the damages since it shouldn't count as a hit and run violation.
Yeah, I would just come clean. If you don't you are just going to worry and wont stop thinking about it.
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
Yea but even if i tell the police i wouldnt know what to say.
"I hit a small sedan like car around xx but i dont have any info on the color/model/plate #."

Thats basically it, then if the person reports it you won't be charged with a hit and run.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Alrite well it looks like the right thing to report it, but how?
Do i just call the police station and report it? Will an officer have to come speak with me and file an official report?

Quote by funkyducky
wait...your school has surveillance cameras in the parking lot?! WTF?

to some extent yea. A bunch of friends who have been caught smoking by teachers later have to watch it on film, but idk if there all over the place or just on the border with the forest
Last edited by PissInMyShoeses at May 26, 2010,
Yeah, report it. If its in the US, a court case for hit and run could cost you repairs and an extra 10-20K in criminal fines (depending on the damage). I'd go to the police and tell them the truth... you hit a vehicle but didn't notice it, then went back to the place where it probably happened and saw no vehicles with damage... so you weren't trying to do a hit and run, but you could find no one to exchange insurance stuff with.

It may end up costing you repair costs... but that's a lot better than the alternative. So call it in (for the record, don't call the emergency line... call the actual police department. If you call the emergency line for this, you're also likely to incur a fine).
+1 to reporting it yourself!

It's the sensible route TS...

Even if you have no details, atleast if the guy turns up, you'll be relatively okay.
Just tell the cops, you probably won't get in any trouble anyway. They didn't stop and get out, so they probably know it was an accident.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
The cops aren't going to give a shit that you hit someone's car, it's up to the owner of the car to take any steps involving insurance etc. Call the police.
Quote by Trowzaa

This.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by metacarpi
If you pissed in your shoes, you probably did something bad.

Damn you.
I was gonna make this joke.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Well done TS, you've ran a kid over and left him for dead. I hope you're proud.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off