I'm really just asking for a side by side comparison. The Fireball has been on my hitlist for a while now and once again it feels like the right amp t go with especially now that I've gotten over the ridiculous built-in reverb hump I had.

How do they compare?

Versatility

Gain

Voicing

Overall?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I'm really just asking for a side by side comparison. The Fireball has been on my hitlist for a while now and once again it feels like the right amp t go with especially now that I've gotten over the ridiculous built-in reverb hump I had.

How do they compare?

Versatility

Gain

Voicing

Overall?

Fireball 100 is over all better (to me, at least). They're both versatile for metal, but not so much versatility if you're looking into different genres. Both have gobs of gain. The voicings are way different though. The 6262 is like a 6505, and has an American voice. The Fireball is more European voiced, but with a twist... Kind of like it's one voicing, which a lot of people like to call a "German" voicing.
The Fireball is definitely more "German" sounding and is a bit more contoured of a tone. Whereas the 6262 is a bit more raw and will respond a hair better to pedals and/or other effects.

Honestly, they are both great amps and it's hard to fault either of them in terms of tone. Not only that, but their voicing seems to overlap each other as their are quite a few songs that you could easily use either amp for and sound nearly identical.

That said, I think the Fireball may sound a hair more mature, but it's so subtle that I highly doubt anyone in your audience would EVER notice. That said, there is an enormous price difference between the two for having very little tonal difference.

First things first, play both amps and let YOUR ears decide which you like better.

My own personal recommendation is that the amps are voice a bit too closely together to make the purchase worthwhile. Although, I only say this because I see you already own a Bugera 6262. Everyone is different but if it were ME, I would be looking for an amp that sounded different then my 6262 rather then one that was similar.

Before you buy ANYTHING, buy yourself an EQ. Even if it's a cheap 7 band EQ pedal from Behringer (I own one and it's actually quite good). You'll be amazed at just how different you can make your amp sound by adding a simple EQ. In fact, I would bet good money that if you played a Fireball and your 6262 with an EQ, that you would probably just keep the 6262 with the EQ pedal.

However, if you're still interested in an amp, why not get something that has a completely different voicing? Bugera 333XL perhaps??
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by TheBodomBullet

How do they compare?

Versatility

Gain

Voicing

Overall?

Come on, you can't be serious? This is like the gazillionth thread you make about high gain amps. Im all in for helping out, but this is getting rediculous. Its like you ask about a bunch of stuff. But its not because you are REALLY ready to buy an amp, you just wanna know.
Quote by ShredNChunk
Come on, you can't be serious? This is like the gazillionth thread you make about high gain amps. Im all in for helping out, but this is getting rediculous. Its like you ask about a bunch of stuff. But its not because you are REALLY ready to buy an amp, you just wanna know.

a lot of people, myself included, annoyed UG to tears before buying an amp before.
its just a form of research.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by boardsofcanada
a lot of people, myself included, annoyed UG to tears before buying an amp before.
its just a form of research.

This, but with me it was pickups.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by ShredNChunk

I think it's insane too. Just don't contribute if you don't want to.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
I think it's insane too. Just don't contribute if you don't want to.
If he's not spamming and is actually listening to what people are saying, then fair enough. But if he's just posting threads and then pissing off, I can't stand that and will not tolerate it.

Anyway, the first two posts pretty much cover the majority of what can be said. I think you really need to try out ENGL amps. They have this weird mushiness to them that kind of slushes around when you're playing aggressively. I'm not saying they're loose; in fact, I'm saying the opposite. There is this tight "djentiness" to them that, initially, is very punchy. But then compresses a spilt second later - turning everything into a mushy mess.

Now, some people, many people in fact, love that. But I've owned the Powerball and found out the hard way that I do not. Like I said, try at least one of their high gain monsters out (Fireball, Powerball, Blackmore, Screamer)

The Bugera is a much cheaper amp and isn't really in the same field, if you ask me. It's a good amp if you're on a strict budget and looking for a high gain gigging amp, but that's as far as I'd go with it. The Fireball is a step up from that in quality control and tone.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at May 26, 2010,